Taking the Sigh out of Cycle - Ready for a Change and a Better Me!

Options
FatSwatter
FatSwatter Posts: 175 Member
Hi, I am FatSwatter ready to swat this fat out of the ballpark once and for all!

I just re-started my life to be a healthier me. I’m tired of the cycle of emotional eating I’ve been doing and am ready for a change. Today marks a new beginning. I am excited about this journey yet scared out of my mind! In case you are interested, I just posted a blog that goes into more detail about my story here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FatSwatter?month=201507

What I hope to gain from this site is twofold: (1) to learn how to choose foods based on nutritious value and (2) to give and receive support to those with a similar struggle. I’ve been a member of similar groups like MFP and I would much prefer a few friends who are daily commenters (as opposed to only liking) since those comments are what keep me going. I will return the favor!

At one point, I logged in for over 300 days before switching to MFP and I plan to be consistent. I found that while I had a large group of friends, they were all very distant. This is why I decided to switch here and hopefully find like-minded people who want to make a positive impact. Negativity, in my opinion, has no place here. It’s already hard enough to make positive choices; negative people just make it worse.

If I sound like someone you’d like to get to know better, feel free to add me. It would help if you wrote a short message so I know you found me here in your request. I look forward to learning what MFP has to offer and hopefully will have new friends to embark on this journey with me. :smile:

Thanks for reading!

-Fat Swatter (Jessie)