Girls, did your breasts shrink after losing a lot of weight?

Options

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I've been 34c most of my life until I started gaining weight, then went up to a 36D. Since losing, I have gone back down to a 34c and hope I don't go lower. I probably won't because that's what I wore through high school, my 20s and into my 30s. Once I hit about 35 after my twins were born, it all went bad. lol Everything got bigger.
  • Refusetoquit
    Refusetoquit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My boobs got smaller the past 2 times that I lost weight, I think it depends where you carry the most of your weight. I am mostly a pear shape , I do have a very big chest right now but when I lose weight, they will leave me. It seems like someone with an apple shape that loses weight will keep most of their breast. Just my observation :smiley:
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Honestly, yes and no. I went from a 40H to a 32G. Still busty, I'll always be busty, but I look bustier because I have a smaller body overall.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm a big girl with big boobs, too. My starting weight was 299 and my bra size was 42DD. I've lost down to 276 and my bra size is now 40D. The gals were actually the first place I noticed the loss.
  • JessicaLSpinder
    JessicaLSpinder Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!! Personally I would welcome smaller breasts. I hate shopping for bras. :( One area of Kohls has like 500 bras for people who are from A to D and then 1 rack for people who are over DD. Unless I shop at Lane Bryant and spend a ton of money that is what I am left with. It sucks!
  • Goooosfraba333
    Goooosfraba333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I lost 50 pounds, they went down maybe a cup size...but quite a few band sizes. They were also...softer. I've now birthed and nursed two kids...and they got up to a 34H while lactating...so they're thoroughly destroyed now anyway. I'm hoping when I lose all this extra weight I held onto from having babies, they'll get smaller again. Its hard to find push-up bras for the bigger sizes!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yes, went from a D to a B. You must remember everybody is different.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    You'll probably lose weight in the places you gained it. It's not always 100% the same but if you gained weight in your boobs you'll likely lose some there, and losing 100 pounds you'll likely lose a bit everywhere.

I agree with others that mentioned that the smaller boobs often look just as proportionate as before since everything else is also smaller. I think mine match my body now pretty well.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I went from "my cup runneth over" to "two little handfuls". Proportionally, it isn't bad and running is easier. Plus, I no longer worry about giving myself a black eye when I bend over.
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've lost 180 lbs so far with 60 more to go... I seem to be the opposite. At 400 lbs I started out at an A cup and didn't even come close to filling those. (Sports bras were my best friends.) Now at 225 I just had to up it to a C cup because I was overflowing a B cup. Not quite sure where I'll end up. However, it is nice to finally have a bigger pair of girls. ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Went from 38 DDD to 34 D losing 80 pounds.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I am hour-glass shape and have lost weight...everywhere. I am down to 139 from 174 and have lost inches off my thighs and biceps...and went from a 38 DD to a 34 C. Poop. I have also lost 1/2 a shoe size!! Crazy!
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've lost a bit in the boobs but it's hard to tell since I didn't have much on top to begin with. I lost a lot of the booty, though, something both my husband and I are unhappy about. And of course, I'm still sporting the big belly and my face isn't any thinner. Don't you wish we could pick and choose where we lose it off our bodies?!
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs and went from a 38DD to a 36G. So for me, no. They stayed the same, but genetics plays a role in that.
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, genetics play a huge role. If you have a lot of actual breast tissue to begin with, they won't shrink much; if your breasts are "inflated" by adipose tissue, they will go down with your weight.

I started at ~175 pounds, 38C. Currently 125, 32DD. Proportional sports bras are harder to find now.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I noticed that my breasts are a wee bit smaller but my band size has gone down faster than the puppies. I had a big chest when I was thin so I don't think that will change too much.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options

I started at ~175 pounds, 38C. Currently 125, 32DD. Proportional sports bras are harder to find now.

Try this bra. It's heavenly:

http://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/fiona-sports-bra/350003.html
  • rlschultz72614
    rlschultz72614 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have lost 75 pounds and my cup as well as my band size have changed. Was not as surprising as my foot size changing though!!!
    No kidding!! Totally had the shoe size shrink!!!
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I really hope so.

Last time I lost significant weight (50 pounds), I had the same cup size. We'll see what happens, but I would love to lose a little from there.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!! Personally I would welcome smaller breasts. I hate shopping for bras. :( One area of Kohls has like 500 bras for people who are from A to D and then 1 rack for people who are over DD. Unless I shop at Lane Bryant and spend a ton of money that is what I am left with. It sucks!

I feel your pain. We have a Lane Bryant outlet and the bras are almost always buy two, get one!

I had to order a sports bra online because no one carried one large enough for my boobs that actually had support.