Breakfast? Lunch? HELP

Options
princessmakaila
princessmakaila Posts: 33 Member
Hi! I am having trouble figuring out what to eat for breakfast and lunch that are healthy. Please post recipes/ dishes that you eat for lunch and breakfast

Replies

• belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Eggs keep you full longer than oatmeal. I buy frozen stir-fry vegs and put them in the freezer at work. then microwave a cup of vegs in a bowl as I scramble two eggs. toss together with two turkey sausage links cut up, nook for 2 minutes, throw a little bit of cheese. Lunch: Grilled chix breast for dinner, save a few for lunch, buy a couple of kale salad kit, Asian salad kits, chop up the meat, put in the salad, add some avocado. Snack: fresh fruit, greek yogurt, almonds.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I agree eggs are a regular for me, though I usually have poached with some salad bits (peppers, cucumber, radishes etc) I allow myself to sprinkle some salt on as my "treat" and they taste yu, (and I have never yet gone over on sodium as most of my diet is v low sodium. Other things I often eat are avocado (and salad or a wheat wrap) or something like grilled fish and hald a sweet potato
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    What do you like? Start with that and tweak as necessary.

Edit: I have crispbread/milk for breakfast, and often porridge or smoothie for lunch. All my meals include fat, protein and vegetables, some also fruit and/or starch, and every one of them are delicious.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I typically make soup, chili, stew, stuffed peppers, burritos, meatloaf, meatballs, casseroles, nuggets, and sauces and freeze them in portions for lunch or dinner. For breakfast, I like to make frittatas, egg bakes, mini crustless quiche, etc and keep them in the fridge to eat all week.

If I want to cook, I usually make stir fry, vegetable noodles with any kind of sauce, or just a meat and veg kind of meal.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Whatever foods you enjoy eating for those meals, figure out portions that will fit into your calorie deficit for the day. As long as you are eating a well-rounded diet of food that you enjoy, in sensible portions that you are weighing (not measuring) to fit into your deficit, you will be happy with what you are eating and still lose weight.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    For breakfast it is usually eggs, toast and sausage For lunch it is either a burrito bowl, tortilla pizza, chicken breast and some veggie.
  • yoo0hyung0nari
    yoo0hyung0nari Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For breakfeast I always have wheat whole toast with 1/4 of an avocado on it, along with seasoning like salt, pepper, chili garlic, and cumin. This keeps me full for a very long time. hope this helped :)
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I have one of three standards, breakfast 1 - eggs, toast or a bagel thin with teaspoon of Sf jam and chicken or turkey sausage. breakfast two is usually oatmeal with fruit - vary the fruit or toppings. breakfast three is some days- cold cereal like the Kashi brand and almond milk with and some lean protein. I also love stir fry for lunch or dinner with lean protein and various vegetables- check you-tube for some awesome recipes.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat? Maybe start with googling healthy versions of that.

I eat a few different breakfasts:
    Overnight oats - 40g of traditional oats, soaked in a bit of milk and water overnight with cinnamon, chia seeds and LSA mix. It's my standard weekday breakfast.
    Avocado and fetta on toast - that's a treat meal for the weekends.
    Scrambled eggwhites - garlic, basil, tomato and baby spinach with eggwhites and a little bit of cheddar or cottage cheese. Another weekend meal when I have a bit more time.
    Protein pancakes - heaps of different recipes around online, I mostly use oats and eggwhites with a dash of milk and wholemeal flour. Serve with greek yoghurt and fresh berries.

Lunches which are on high rotation:
    Garden salad with tuna and quinoa.
    Eggwhite, green vegetable and fetta frittata. https://www.thehealthychef.com/tag/egg-white-frittata/
    Various vegetables soup which I cook in bulk and freeze individual serves.