I really suck at staying on track

Options
kbg027
kbg027 Posts: 14 Member
Heck I suck at getting on track in the first place. I was a user off this site/app a few years ago, and then started again this February. Well I got off track again, but now I'm back at it again.

I guess I should re-reintroduce myself. I'm 25 years old. I have a 2 year old daughter. We live with my parents. I am together with her dad though, we just don't live together. Anyway, I'm home a lot with just my mom and her, and I feel really bad asking my mom to watch her so I can go to the gym or whatever. I know, I'm weird.

Anyway, I'm 25 years old, 5'9" and 230lbs. I can almost get a hang of better eating (except I'm addicted to sugar!), but what I really struggle with is activity. My first and only job was working in the deli at a grocery store for 5 years. I got all my exercise at work, because I never quit moving. So I'm used to just coming home and doing nothing. Well now, I have a desk job. I sit all day. That doing nothing all evening can't fly. I've gained a few pounds since I started 7 months ago, and I don't want to gain any more.

Well, that's me.

Replies

• treezy83
    treezy83 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well Im here to help if I can. You can add me.
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Always glad to give & receive support. I'm on my second round here, too.
  • oma8times
    oma8times Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day on the app but I'm all in and very excited. If I can help just let me know.
  • kangaspratt
    kangaspratt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's your thing, but there's a Paul McKenna hypnosis CD about excercise. I've never believed in this stuff particularly but my mum kind of pushed it on me and (despite battling my weight and being a real night time binge eater) I do feel really motivated to exercise so maybe it worked!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I'm here to tell you that you can lose weight and maintain a good weight without much exercise. I've done it. At the moment the only exercise i'm doing is a 3km walk on the beach at the end of the day and i don't do it every day. I've only started this recently. I walk fast and on the walk back, i do some short bursts of sprinting. This latter can get you fitter.

MOst of my weightloss program i did last year was done without exercise. I sit at my computer a lot too.

You don't need to go to the gym and you can take your daughter out in a pram which you can push while you run and walk behind her.

The rest is about a good diet. The better your diet is, the less appetite when you don't need food will bother you.

You have to commit ot eating healthy though. And you have to do lots of research to work out what is healthy adn what is not.

I recommend keeping a food diary. Not necessarily a calorie counting food diary. A food diary without counting calories also shows you where you can make adjustments if you are weighing yourself regularly. Its what i do. I have blog you can see it if you like. Its called Almost VEgan. I am not suggesting you or anyone must become vegan to lose weight and be healthy. YOu don't go vegan for health you do it for ethical reasons. To be healthy you can eat meat. Just don't eat too mcuh of it. Eat a lot of vegies. Diary, and not so much junk food and processed foods. Enjoy cooking healthy things. Eat legumes. Legumes are the biggest secret for weightloss because they are healthy and filling and versatile but they do take more effort than most foods. I lvoe my lentil rissoles though.
  • biglo69
    biglo69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain I am the same way.. I am gun hoe for a few days then fall off track again. I truly wish I could stay consistent. We have a lot in common desk job, addicted to anything and everything food wise and unmotivated... Maybe we can motivate each other.. Good luck