Anyone can be a runner!...

Options
Hello all. I love to run and joined MFP to help me stay motivated, loose a few pounds which will help me run a bit faster and not to mention stay healthy. Someone dear to me told me I can achieve anything if we work hard to for it, and 4 marathons later, here I stand!

All you runners and non-runners out there, add me as your friend and share some of the workouts you love.

Whatever we do to reach our goals, being walking, jogging, running or exercise, let's keep each other motivated. :)

***Bucket list - Qualify for the Boston Marathon someday***

Replies

• hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    ...I only dream of completing a marathon! Well done on your achievements!

I've been running since April of this year. I entered a 5k race at the end of May and have just completed an extreme 10k last weekend. I really enjoyed the extreme 10k.i loved the obstacle challenges throughout! I'm aiming now for a half marathon by Christmas. There is one on December 6th near me.

After that, I guess it would be a full marathon! Not quite sure on the time scale to aim for though...I'll have to start looking at a training plan and then work it out.
  • beagle1130
    beagle1130 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the goals you've already achieved, and good luck with the ones in your future! I joined MFP for similar reasons. 8 years ago I couldn't make it 1/2 mile without being exhausted. Many years and a lot of lost pounds later, the marathon is my favorite race. If you want it, you can do it! Just keep going a little farther... :smile:
  • homemademama
    homemademama Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've always been so jealous of runners. In the past I've done c25k and other programs to become a runner (or slow jogger if I'm honest) but I always did them in the evening because I was embarrassed about how out of shape I am.

This week for the first time ever I've gone jogging in the middle of the day in full view of everyone and it was the best experience :smiley: I love it and can't wait to do my first race. My first goal is a 5k and then up from there.