Getting frustrated with slow weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• AidaLott
    AidaLott Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Most health care experts are a like a broken record with the "calories-in, calories-out" doctrine, so no matter how frustrated I was with my weight loss (or lack thereof), I was told that I wasn't accurately assessing my calories consumed and/or burned. OK, so I admit I found a few weak spots in my diet.

#1 Having been on the Weight Watchers Points Plus Program where fresh fruit no longer takes any points off one's daily points allowance, I had gotten the impression that the 6 or 7 pieces of fruit adding up to over 500+ calories a day were therefore FREE in my state of delusion.

#2 I was not counting calories for any of my vegetables except the starchy ones like corn and potatoes. In comes another 200+ calories a day unrecorded.

# 3. I was taking numerous vitamins and minerals in the chewy gumdrop form and a variety of USELESS supplements and syrups (Yacon syrup, garcinia cambogia, acai berry juice, green coffee bean extract, raspberry ketones, etc. touted by all the popular TV diet gurus and was not counting any of the calories in those, so up comes another 200+ calories ignored.

#4. I was also not counting the calories in the condiments I was using, the milk I was putting in my coffee all day long, or several pieces of sugarless gum and sugar free candies I was angelically using as my substitute for late night snacking. There goes another 100 calories.

VOILA!!! The 1000 calorie per day deficit I had worked so hard to create with the expectation of losing 2 pounds per week, was systematically being offset each day by the aforementioned unrecorded calories. Go figure!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Exercise does not equal weight loss.

Calorie deficit = weight loss