Loosing Weight from an athlete

Options
I like to trim some more weight off. Not overweight. At present i am in best cycling shape ever been.
i am 5'7 165 lbs at moment
I like to find a way to trim some more weight off . but don't want to sacrifice performance.
i have the natural weight off from riding all the time, but like to do that extra edge/ suggestions

To say i am an athlete into lots of cycling, races etc. so eating habits are different kind of.

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I've always heard it's tough to keep cycling while eating at a deficit and not lose performance. I don't really have any suggestions, just here to wish you luck in finding something that works.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I like to trim some more weight off. Not overweight. At present i am in best cycling shape ever been.
    I like to find a way to trim some more weight off . but don't want to sacrifice performance.
    i have the natural weight off from riding all the time, but like to do that extra edge/ suggestions

To say i am an athlete into lots of cycling, races etc. so eating habits are different kind of.

You may be better off buying a lighter bike.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit for weight loss.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Enter your info into mfp and follow the plan. :)
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Lyle MacDonald wrote something about fat loss for athletes that you might find helpful:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/fat-loss-for-athletes-part-1.html/
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

You may be better off buying a lighter bike.

rofllll

but yes
    Weight loss is creating a calorie deficit
    Calories in versus calories out.