for any of the mothers out there

Hey so im trying to work on my core muscles to get my stomach back in shape but i had a baby recently and need to know specific exercises that won't be so stressful and tough for me. Have any suggestions?

Replies

• marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Try hip-hop abs! It's fun it will work you but it will build your core strength. My son is 1 now and I switched to Jillian Michaels but I started with Shaun T.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    You can't target fat around your tummy. To get abs and lose the tummy you have to first lose the weight. What is your body fat percentage? Abs start in the kitchen. Get back to a body fat % by eating right and doing cardio and strength training and the abs will magically appear!

btw.. belly fat is the LAST thing most women lose when it comes to fat on the body. boooo.. we seem to hold on to that like a medal of honour... blah.

Doing abs soon after having a baby is also not recommended. Make sure your abs haven't separated too much before you do even one crunch. You can do more harm if you start too soon.
  • krieshacruz
    krieshacruz Posts: 14 Member
    Majigurl my daughter is almost one and i dont know if my abs are still seperated. I do know that everything jiggles lol
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Majigurl my daughter is almost one and i dont know if my abs are still seperated. I do know that everything jiggles lol

You should be fine you can ask your doctor. I gained 50 lost it all and now I toning up. You can't spot reduce but if you are aiming to strengthen muscle any core workout is a great start.
  • krieshacruz
    krieshacruz Posts: 14 Member
    Okay thank you :)