Any emotional eaters with small children?

Options
Morning all, just looking for some support really.

I am a terrible binge eater, always triggered by feeling frustrated, upset, angry etc. suggestions to avoid the binges are always distraction such as taking a bath or a walk and I agree that these would work but I'm a stay at home mum with a toddler so there is no opportunity to escape. I increasingly fing myself consuming vast quantities of chocolate, biscuits etc just to give me that short feeling of escape! I'm starting to feel so down about myself and need to sort this out.

Can anyone help get me back? x

Replies

• julescba04
    julescba04 Posts: 40 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The more you eat the worst you will feel. Are you getting out and about enough? Being stuck at home 24/7 isn't much fun. Perhaps you shouldn't buy much junk food( cant eat what's not in the cupboard). I've found things like popcorn great, I can eat a hugh bowl for not to many calories.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    The most important thing for you to do is take care to nourish yourself properly with lots of different nutrient rich food within your calorie goal. Make sure your deficit is not too large because that's a recipe for hunger/binge cycle!
    Eat a wide variety of veggie, fruit, protein, healthy fats!
    If you do binge-don't punish yourself by restricting. Get right back on your healthy plan.
    If you have calories left-have a piece of chocolate or a biscuit with tea. Eat slowly and savor.
    If you can't or won't moderate at the present time-keep your triggers out of the house unti you feel more in control and then reintroduce them or only buy when your out as a special treat.
    Take the little one on frequent adventures to the park, zoo, museum, etc. It will be great for both of you to get out of the house! How bout a mommy and me class, toddler gym or art class?
    Treat yourself with loving kindness-you work hard and deserve it as you deserve to be healthy and fit for yourself and your family.
    You CAN do this!
  • SugaBaby880088
    SugaBaby880088 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat when stressed also have two young children and work so no breaks, I bought USN protein powder chocolate cream flavour and make 500ml of water with one scoop = 69 calories and gives me a full feeling and taste of chocolate. Also do not have the food in the house so you cant eat it!