Getting (Re)Started

hanna1210
hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
I'm mainly putting this out there for accountability reasons.

I've been on MFP since about 2011 I think. It did wonders for me and I lost loads of weight in a healthier way than I had before. But then life happened over the last year or so and for the first time since 2008, I've been putting weight on rather than losing it. Over the last year and a half, I've gained about 25+ pounds (of the 80 I had lost) and as of today - NO MORE. I feel disgusting and disgusted with myself.

But the hard part is getting back into it. MFP is no longer a new toy for me to work with, it's old hat. I need to treat this like a new beginning - again.

So I guess I'm writing this to see if others have been in my shoes or if anyone needs new friends. If I'm going to do this, I want to do it right and with the right people.

Replies

• gmo317
    gmo317 Posts: 1 Member
    I've been up and down too many times to count. Bought myself the Flex FitBit to help me get back on track as I recover from total knee replacement which took me out of my fitness routine for over a year.
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    You sound committed and have a great history of success... no doubt you learned a lot about yourself along the way. You can and are gonna do this!
  • Lovelyalona1
    Lovelyalona1 Posts: 1 Member
    It's okay, we are all in this together. I hate the plateau but I love conquering it by getting sweaty and eating cleaner. Life is a journey let's Go!