How to trim waistline

Options
First I exercise the core only 15 mins a day and only 3 days a week.,.. not four... three! I use P90X mon we'd and fri. What works for you? What questions do you have? 7oovhwzph78c.jpg

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit works for me. I don't train "abs".
  • sbantonio
    sbantonio Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    BTW, I am pushing 50 so I know what it's like to struggle. Check out my BEFORE pix that I wi post
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.
  • sbantonio
    Options
    Here is what I looked like before I began to train my core.m7ljybcvdv2vo.jpg
  • sbantonio
    Options
    Then I began to track my calories plus work the core. Weight lifting was a huge factor as well. 8tddwx0ldr55.jpg
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Im almost 46, I don't iso any ab work. I get plenty of core work through compound lifting. When I cut(calorie deficit), abs are popping nothing else will reveal them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    You're in great shape for 50.

I can chime in on this. At 51, I can say that right now I'm just under 200lbs. Do I have a 6 pack? No. Can I get it again? Yep, but I'd have to reduce my calories to do it. Will just training my core with just core exercise achieve it? Probably not. It's still and always going to be about calorie deficit to achieve lower body fat. But I will lift hard and heavy to maintain that muscle underneath while cutting.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png