Fitbit

Options
So im looking at getting a fitbit but i cant wear a watch as it loses time within hours even with full battery. Would this effect the accuracy of a fitbit or should it not make a difference??

Replies

• Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    The fitbit charge has the time on the device, therefore not requiring a watch. I use mine daily and the charge lasts a week.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    jenjens86 wrote: »
    So im looking at getting a fitbit but i cant wear a watch as it loses time within hours even with full battery. Would this effect the accuracy of a fitbit or should it not make a difference??

I had issues with watches keeping correct time, so I get where you are coming from, and I have no problems with the Charge HR, it keeps day and time correctly for me, unlike watches I have had in the past. I had stopped wearing watches decades ago since my phone/tablet/computers had the time if I needed it. But we are all different so buy locally, keep receipt, and return it if it doesn't work for you.

If you don't need the HR monitor, you could use one of the devices that slip into your pocket or bra. Not all Fitbits have HR monitors.

• jenjens86
    jenjens86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) makes me feel a bit easier getting one knowing that it should still work properly. I probably dont need the heart monitor bit so will have a look at all the different ones. Thanks again :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    jenjens86 wrote: »

The Fitbit Flex doesn't tell time, nor do some of the Fitbits that clip to your clothing.

All Fitbits calculate your TDEE and sync with MFP. And Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun. Which model you choose is entirely a matter of personal preference: http://www.fitbit.com/compare

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users