Last 10lbs feels like the beginning! :s

0JavaK0
0JavaK0 Posts: 30 Member
Height: 5'6"
Start weight: 205lbs
Current weight: 167lbs

Dedicated individual, started my weight loss journey April 1, 2015 (3.5 months ago). Looking for friends to help me get that last 10ish lbs. add me! I'm in calgary alberta!

Trying focuses:
Hiit
Steady-state cardio
Lifting
DIET

.dedication.drive.determination.

Below is my April 1 pic

gww9v2k48pfu.jpg

Will post new pic later...

Replies

• 0JavaK0
    Today...ag5ylwuotb4m.jpg
    Still a work in progress. But getting there
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    great work so far!!!
  • youdoit23
    youdoit23 Posts: 8 Member
    You look awesome!
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Nice progress. I would remove steady state cardio from your routine since I found it to be a huge waste of time. HIIT and a good lift routine is the way to go and better progress.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Great work, neighbour!
  • 0JavaK0
    Nice progress. I would remove steady state cardio from your routine since I found it to be a huge waste of time. HIIT and a good lift routine is the way to go and better progress.

Hmm. I'll think about that. I don't run too often. Maybe 3 times a week at 5km each run. And run on off days from lifting too to keep my caloric deficit in tact

But I will consider it. To be honest. I've already wondered about the steady state
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    edited July 2015
    JayRollon wrote: »

Hmm. I'll think about that. I don't run too often. Maybe 3 times a week at 5km each run. And run on off days from lifting too to keep my caloric deficit in tact

But I will consider it. To be honest. I've already wondered about the steady state

I don't really do much cardio but I'm at a different point than you are whereas you are losing weight and I'm maintaining and soon going to be gaining. But I did just stop cutting recently. Was at about 170 since I gained some weight when I moved and ate like crap. Now I'm back down to 160 but didn't do much cardio during that period, just ate at a deficit, lifted and did some HIIT.

If I could change my training when I started at 185, I would have followed a lift routine, little to no cardio and HIIT. All the cardio (running) led me to being skinny fat since lifting and HIIT are definitely better at burning fat. Not skinnyfat anymore but it would of been better if I followed a good routine.