Does Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Program Work?

Options
2»

Replies

• zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Lots of things will cause you to lose weight.

Most of them, including the Jillian Michaels money making scheme, will ULTIMATELY lead us to a cycle where we yo yo weight wise.

• Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It's a good program for fitness. I did it a few years ago and was able to do things like a pushup for the first time in my life. Jillian can get on your nerves day after day so I worked out with thew volume off.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Cal Deficit to lose weight....exercise to get fit.

The burn on the shred isn't high enough to put a big dent in your cal budget 100-250cals per training depending on your stats and the level. But it does get you muscles, heart and lungs pumping.

I did the shred and a few of Jillian's other workouts, but I followed my own diet. I love the combination of strength cardio abs in the moves. They are very effective. I've moved on to other things. Discovered the Bellicon Rebounder and do similar circuits on the trampoline. Arnita Champion is my go to trainer on you tube for that. She is a tough cookie, just like Jillian and her girls ;-) Both of them combine working small and big muscles for a better burn.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 2 and I can feel the health benefits a lot. I think it's a good overall workout as it's not only cardio or not only toning. And for 20 minutes a day I think it's time well spent. also I agree about Jillian's voice getting annoying after a while so I mute her, and have the TV on instead.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Hee hee...yeah her voice can be annoying, but she sure keeps me working my a** off and keeps me focused on my form.
  • Emj30135
    Emj30135 Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I LOVE Jillian Michaels! I have tried several DVDs, including this one. I got up to level 3 and got bored. I did notice it was helping me to get stronger. What I usually do so I won't get bored is I will walk/jog 3 times a week, ride my stationary bike 3 times a week and do a circuit training or another workout dvd at least twice a week. By doing all that exercise and eating 1200-1450 cal. a day for me,(being 5'4) that has helped me lose 33 pounds in 4 months. Which is great for me because my body is soooo difficult to lose weight especially with having PCOS. Of course, you have to eat healthy along with the workouts and the weight should come off! Ever since I've tried NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES dvd by Jillian, I can't seem to go to another one because in love it so much! It makes my abs burn, quads and hammys sore like I'm actually soingg something! Sorry such a long post! Lol! I hope this helps. Good luck with your journey!
  • Emj30135
    Emj30135 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to add that no more trouble zones takes about 56 minutes to do. But it's definitely worth it. At first I could only do half of it.
  • glamcloset70
    glamcloset70 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Emj30135 wrote: »
    I LOVE Jillian Michaels! I have tried several DVDs, including this one. I got up to level 3 and got bored. I did notice it was helping me to get stronger. What I usually do so I won't get bored is I will walk/jog 3 times a week, ride my stationary bike 3 times a week and do a circuit training or another workout dvd at least twice a week. By doing all that exercise and eating 1200-1450 cal. a day for me,(being 5'4) that has helped me lose 33 pounds in 4 months. Which is great for me because my body is soooo difficult to lose weight especially with having PCOS. Of course, you have to eat healthy along with the workouts and the weight should come off! Ever since I've tried NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES dvd by Jillian, I can't seem to go to another one because in love it so much! It makes my abs burn, quads and hammys sore like I'm actually soingg something! Sorry such a long post! Lol! I hope this helps. Good luck with your journey!

Hey thanks for replying. I too have pcos and I know how difficult it gets to lose weight. My body has tendency to gain weight really fast. I have started walking around 4 to 5 kms five times a week and I am going to start 30day Shred soon. Thanks and all the best.
  • glamcloset70
    glamcloset70 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    I'm on day 3 of level 2 and I can feel the health benefits a lot. I think it's a good overall workout as it's not only cardio or not only toning. And for 20 minutes a day I think it's time well spent. also I agree about Jillian's voice getting annoying after a while so I mute her, and have the TV on instead.

Hey thanks for replying. Do update me about your results. All the best.
  • coley1029
    coley1029 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy this workout. I just started doing it again this week, but in the past, I would do it a few times a week, as soon as I get home from work. That keeps me in the mood to be healthy, so I eat nutritious dinner. I go for a 45 minute walk after I clean up the kitchen.