Weight loss?

Options
amr32r
amr32r Posts: 245 Member
hi all I am posting a question for my friend for some reason she isn't able to post in here. She is 314 lbs and 5'7 and is eating between 2000-2390 cal a day but the scale isn't moving. Does anybody have any ideas she can try I'm new to this myself so I don't want to give her bad advice. She said she measures most of her food with Dry and liquid measuring cups

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    She needs to weigh her food on scales, not by cups
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    She should try using a scale to measure dry ingredients. It's more accurate.
  • amr32r
    Options
    Oh yeah I forgot to say she is 41 yrs old
  • abiparvaneh98
    abiparvaneh98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Best diet that I know for weight loss is by doing this

Eat low carbs, low fat, medium-high protein because when you exercise your body uses carbs as an energy source so if you have low carbs it will burn all the carbs then fat. Having low carbs everyday is very bad and unhealthy so what I would recommend is start on a Monday and for Monday and Tuesday do a carb overload and them Wednesday no carbs, Thursday and Friday carb overload and Saturday no carbs, so basically 2 days carbs, 1 day no carbs so just repeat that. Also while you do this you have to go and workout so do high intensity workouts which requires more energy, like do weights with higher reps (20-30) and for cardio don't just jog for 10 minutes do this, Sprint as long as you can then have a 30 sec walk then Sprint as long as you can and have a 30 sec walk, this Is proven a lot more effective for weightloss rather than jogging. If you do this you will see results and you can see tremendous results and be like wtf? But don't forget a lot of it will be water weight.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Weigh her food properly. If that still isn't working, then she's likely eating at her maintenance, or not being honest in logging everything she eats and/or drinks. If she is being honest, I would say up the exercise or decrease the calories, and see how that goes.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Eat low carbs, low fat, medium-high protein because when you exercise your body uses carbs as an energy source so if you have low carbs it will burn all the carbs then fat. Having low carbs everyday is very bad and unhealthy so what I would recommend is start on a Monday and for Monday and Tuesday do a carb overload and them Wednesday no carbs, Thursday and Friday carb overload and Saturday no carbs, so basically 2 days carbs, 1 day no carbs so just repeat that. Also while you do this you have to go and workout so do high intensity workouts which requires more energy, like do weights with higher reps (20-30) and for cardio don't just jog for 10 minutes do this, Sprint as long as you can then have a 30 sec walk then Sprint as long as you can and have a 30 sec walk, this Is proven a lot more effective for weightloss rather than jogging. If you do this you will see results and you can see tremendous results and be like wtf? But don't forget a lot of it will be water weight.

No
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

What made you think this?

Best I have ever known, and I have followed it for 18 years is some thing called CICO. Really effective and very simple, you can even have ice cream, vodka, crisps and pizza.
  • amr32r
    Options
    Thank you everyone for replying. She just decreased her calories and is going to weigh her food on her scale to see how that works for her.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

What in the :|
  • ashypashy7
    ashypashy7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I started at the same weight more or less and at first I didnt lose much because I was eyeballing and using cups vs scale. I also wasnt honest in my logging which really just cheats yourself. Get her to get a scale and to be patient.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Either weigh every single thing she eats or drop her calories by 100 every two weeks until she starts losing.

If she has trouble sticking to her calorie goal, tell her to eat more fruits and veggies. :)