Low Carb/High Protein

Options
My name is Jazlyn! I'm currently on a mission to change my life and become more fit. My whole family has been on this low carb/high protein lifestyle change for about 10 to 12 months. My step dad has lost about 100 lbs, my mom has lost about 20lbs, and my brother has lost about 50lbs. My step dad and mother are extremely carb sensitive -- they cut out almost all breads, sugars, pastas, etc. My step dad has lost a significant amount -- mostly from the lack of sugar. My mother has been slowly falling back into her old habits, probably contributing to the lack of significant change. My brother is the only one in the family who doesn't participate. He's not at all carb sensitive -- just extremely active and naturally slim.

I, on the other hand, have been able to lose about 50lbs throughout my teenage years -- as I Approach adulthood, I'm seeing my weight being to plateau. I'm hoping by continuing to stay motivated, eat clean, and actually pushing myself to work out, I can maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• LikeSeeds4Souls
    LikeSeeds4Souls Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Do you think this lifestyle is sustainable? I tried this method of eating before but I find you work out very hardcore you almost need carbs to 'refuel' your workouts. Imo it's tge type of Carbs you consume.