Kung po chicken - anyone know roughly correct information?

I just had a portion of Kung Po chicken from a local chinese takeaway (in the UK). I don't know of any chinese takeaways that actually publish calorie information, so took a look through the database - all the entries seem too low for calories, and carbs. I've picked an entry and doubled the portion size, which puts the meal at 900 calories and 23g carbs. How accurate does this sound?

It's just that I try to get at least 90g carbs a day, in case lower would impact my lifting - and if this information is correct, I'll be getting more like 50. :/ Also really don't want to underestimate the calories, just got to my new lowest weight.

Also, there are so many entries - do you actually get calorie and nutrition information for this stuff in the US? That must make things easier...

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    A plate of kung pow can be as high as 2000+ calories. It's too hard to say exactly. Just do your best to guess (I like to estimate the individual ingredients and assume the worst on added sugar and fat)... Log it and move on.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    This entry in the Food Database tracks with the USDA National Nutrient Database, which is derived from laboratory testing of a random sampling of items and may vary wildly for your particular meal. I am sure it does not include rice. :)
    Reference:
    ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/8374

6w4hjpw3hsuy.jpg