why so many LOOSE ppl here?

Options

Replies

• CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    As we are in the age of texting, we're probably lucky when the words are even spelled out :laugh: If I understand what they are saying I don't really care that they use the wrong word. Actually my pet peeve is "ain't", I dislike the use of that word written or spoken.

I care when the wrong words are used, because if they are misspelled frequently enough, people will begin thinking it is "okay" to misspell them again and again. Eventually, the correct spelling is entirely ignored, leaving me to assume that nobody gives a freakin' flip about proper grammar, spelling and punctuation anymore.

I teach ELA and trust me, the grammar mistakes on here drive me crazy. EVERYONE should have a basic understanding of grammar rules and know how to use them properly. And the whole "It's just a message board, it's not really important to me" line of thinking is just a poor excuse for being too lazy or too rushed to care.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    That is the number one thing that annoys me about MFP is when people use "loose" instead of lose. UGH!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    As if people werent already poor spellers. Autocorrect sucks even worse.

auto-correct-cover.jpg
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    People do that? :huh:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    owat eaver. Eye steal cane camunicate weeth bad spealling. En Beefour da lack!

I cdnoult blveiee taht i cluod aulacity uesdnatnrd waht i was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
    The reset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lterter by istelf, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig eh? And I awlyas tohghut slpeling was imporantt…! And for thsoe of you wtih mroe tmie tahn ohrets, you wlli ntocie taht not olny are msot of the wrosd a mses but smoe of tehm are cpmlpoetley msiseplt awslel…!

409619_433177753422939_1717059707_n.jpg
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    As we are in the age of texting, we're probably lucky when the words are even spelled out :laugh: If I understand what they are saying I don't really care that they use the wrong word. Actually my pet peeve is "ain't", I dislike the use of that word written or spoken.

I care when the wrong words are used, because if they are misspelled frequently enough, people will begin thinking it is "okay" to misspell them again and again. Eventually, the correct spelling is entirely ignored, leaving me to assume that nobody gives a freakin' flip about proper grammar, spelling and punctuation anymore.

I teach ELA and trust me, the grammar mistakes on here drive me crazy. EVERYONE should have a basic understanding of grammar rules and know how to use them properly. And the whole "It's just a message board, it's not really important to me" line of thinking is just a poor excuse for being too lazy or too rushed to care.

Um ok, but you really need to chill........ and is "freakin' flip" really proper grammer? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I'm considered loose. What's wrong with loose people?
  • TitzMcGeez
    TitzMcGeez Posts: 104
    Options
    English is such a shyt language , wish I was French or something . :grumble:

sometimes I just make stuff up...my iphone knows to type Swedish when i wanna say sweet now.. lol
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    It's my pet hate, everytime I see it I want to punch someone in the throat! Or cut them..
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with loose people.

In fact, I dislike uptight people.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    Or 'to' vs. 'too', or 'right' vs. 'write'. ; )

:laugh:
  • pgymjp
    pgymjp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    you're grammatical sensibilities show that your paying attention! good 4 U!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Ticker says "No Whining"...and yet ^^^....hmmm. Something is afoot.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My almost seven year old is coming along well with her writing and spelling. English is such a tricky language . She is always asking myself and my husband how to spell things, or what a word means. They are all good questions. I am so glad she is learning the right way to write :wink:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Man, it is two funny when someone makes fun of one or too other people. Maybe one day they will learn to. We all struggle to right sometimes, am I write.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

Ticker says "No Whining"...and yet ^^^....hmmm. Something is afoot.

:drinker: My thoughts exactly!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is loose because they are married and flirting :P :laugh:
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    That is the number one thing that annoys me about MFP is when people use "loose" instead of lose. UGH!

it isn't just here, it is everywhere! I never correct anybody but I do shake my head that it is such a common thing to see
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    j16pz6.gif