Should anyone diet on vacation

I'm on vacation right now. Before I went on vacation I've lost almost 5 kg in 2 month and half. Now after only 2 weeks I've gained almost 5 kg. what should I do. Btw im still on vacation

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    You should do what you want. If you want to lose, lose. If you want to gain, gain.

It's your body and your life. Whatever decision you make is the right one.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Being on vacation doesn't mean that you have to gain weight. You can still eat sensibly.

When I travel I raise my calorie limit to either maintenance or 250 under that.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited July 2015
    At times in my life that I wasn't "dieting" I used to lose weight on vacation...mainly because I was out all day, much more active than usual, and didn't sit around watching tv and snacking.

You can still try the local specialties, and enjoy some good meals out without stuffing yourself at every meal. 5 kg in just two weeks is a lot. There is a good chance some of that is just water weight unless you are binging. If you want to eat anything and everything, go for it, but just don't complain when you gain. Perhaps a happy medium is to eat a little more than usual, but pick your spots. Indulge a little, but don't go crazy.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I typically lose weight while on vacation. Eat less, move more. Trekking, hiking, swimming, walking everywhere plus eating well (just not too much) = weight loss without feeling like you are on a 'diet.' Keep active and don't overeat, same as when you aren't on vacation. :smile:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    A vacation should not be an excuse to eat anything you want. On the other hand, it is a good reason to relax a little.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Deja vu....it's most likely mainly water weight not all fat.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I like maintenance mode on vacation.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    KarimNaim wrote: »
    I'm on vacation right now. Before I went on vacation I've lost almost 5 kg in 2 month and half. Now after only 2 weeks I've gained almost 5 kg. what should I do. Btw im still on vacation

You should eat less.