Time to Change I have almost 70 to lose

Options
Fit4me78
Fit4me78 Posts: 27 Member
Hi there I have been on and off Myfitnesspal for awhile and now I'm at a point where I need to change things now I've been over weight all my life and just want to lose this weight and right now I have around 70 pounds to lose as I'm working on getting my BMI to a healthy range and I know I can do it just going to be hard. Thank God my Husband is also wanting to lose weight as well and I'm grateful for his support as he's needing to lose around 100 pounds and he's also a diabetic so we both have things we need to change. I look forward to becoming friends with anyone who has alot of weight to lose or just starting out.

Replies

• safricks
    safricks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First, good luck! Second, please realize that it didn't take a week to gain 70lbs and it's not going to take a week to lose it. It took me a solid year of 8 hour a week cardio sessions to lose 50 lbs. No one technique works for everyone but most successful plans involve 1-2 days a week of severe caloric restriction coupled with changing a food-centric lifestyle to an exercise-centric one. Find an exercise/sport you enjoy and that you'll stick with. I like triathlon because I can choose which sport (swimming, cycling, or running) that fits my needs best during any given day (with some exceptions). Set meaningful and measurable goals and find people to hold you accountable. For me, it was signing up for a triathlon even though I had never done one. Hope this helps and best of luck.