Why do recommended carbs not increase in proportion to planned workouts?

When I increase my workout time in the planner, the recommended carbs don't increase. It seems to me that if I am training pretty hard I need more carbs?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    1. The planner isn't connected to your diary....or, anything really. It's sort of like the appendix on a human.
    2. You don't necessarily have to increase carbs because you're about to workout. There's too many variables to get into, but I feel fairly confident assuming that you probably don't need to make any adjustments
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Protein and fats have minimums, carbs are personal choice
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    When you set up your goals, MFP allows you to record your goals for exercise for the week. You may or may not be able to do all of the exercises you plan to do over the next week, 2 weeks, months, etc.; so MFP does not automatically add those additional Calories and macronutrients in the goal settings. You must enter any cardiovascular exercise you do into your Exercise Diary on the actual day that you perform that exercise. Once you enter a cardiovascular exercise, your daily Calorie goal for that day, and only that day, will be increased; and your macronutrients (carbs, fats, and proteins) and some micronutrients for that day will also be increased.
    Please see this article, and many other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/410332-how-does-myfitnesspal-calculate-my-initial-goals-