-74 lbs... Just over 90 to go!

Options

When I started this journey, I was looking at myself at a weight I had never in my life thought I would see, I was desperate, I didn't much like myself, and I was faking a smile every day. I made a decision and from the first day I began sticking with it.
I completely overhauled my daily diet, and I committed to learning how to live a new lifestyle.
After the first few months of really fast weight loss, I've began releasing weight in slower amounts, but I still lose weekly, even when it's a half a pound here and there. And I'm ecstatic with that- any loss is good loss!
Anyhow, I finally felt comfortable enough to try to tell my story- also, I started out obsessing over the scale every morning, and now I take more pleasure in NSV's- nonchalantly pulling on pants I wouldn't have been able to pull over my hips 6 months ago, and feeling them be too baggy... Having to get rid of half my wardrobe because it's too big instead of too small, having people tell me I look great :) The little things.

Replies

• faintsmile
    faintsmile Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's great what you have achieved :)
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You deserve every compliment . Learning to accept yoursellf is huge.
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    YAY for you! You sound like you have really got it and will continue to live well and strong for life... Great testimony and encouraging to all. Thank you for sharing and best to you!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant to hear. I'm on a similar journey to yours. My goal is to lose at least a total 45kgs (about 99lbs) so Seeing your post has given me some motivation. Thanks for sharing
  • SaraSinsation
    SaraSinsation Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you- I used to haunt this page scouring the Success Stories for motivation years back and day dreaming about posting my own success story. I finally thought over 70 lbs was pretty good- because of everything I've discovered along the way, and the frame of mind it's taken to get here!
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great story and awesome perspective!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!