Dry mouth

Options
does anyone else experience extreme dry mouth?? I have been on and off for two years and I have tried everything including the mouthwash for dry mouth. I noticed it was not as dry when I was sticking to a strictly gluten free diet so I am trying to do that again.

Thanks!

Replies

• slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Do you take any medication? Have you gone to a doctor? I have pretty bad dry mouth and always feel thirsty. I have yet to find something that works. I drink A LOT of fluids but it's not enough :-(
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    My daughter has dry mouth at times as a side effect of her medication. Mouthwash didn't help her much either.
  • mrsroddy1228
    mrsroddy1228 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't take any medication at all so I'm not sure what could be causing it
  • mrsroddy1228
    Options
    I drink plenty of water but it stays dry :/ will try sticking with gluten free again as much as I can to see if that helps.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Have you consulted your physician?
  • mrsroddy1228
    Options
    Yeah she wasn't really sure either. She also suggested cutting out gluten to help with fatigue and stomache issues which it did. Just need to be consistent! Lol
  • HealthyGigi2020
    HealthyGigi2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have never considered that gluten could be the cause of my dry mouth! For those of you that have done gluten free, did your dry mouth get better or go away?
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Sjogren's syndrome?