A little thought for the day...

Options
I came across something today that I found staggering. It is no wonder we all struggle to believe we are 'beautiful':

If Barbie was an actual woman, she would be 5’9” tall, have a 39” bust, an 18” waist, 33” hips and a size 3 shoe.

• Barbie calls this a “full figure” and likes her weight at 110 lbs.

• At 5’9” tall and weighing 110 lbs, Barbie would have a BMI of 16.24 and fit the weight criteria for anorexia. She likely would not menstruate.

• If Barbie was a real woman, she’d have to walk on all fours due to her proportions.

• Slumber Party Barbie was introduced in 1965 and came with a bathroom scale permanently set at 110 lbs with a book entitled “How to Lose Weight” with directions inside stating simply “Don’t eat.”

Please, don't beat yourself up if you're not a Barbie look alike! You are stunning... Never compare yourself to the ideals of someone else! xxxx

Replies

• Lovinglish
    Lovinglish Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    that's interesting thank u for sharing that
  • starxo
    starxo Posts: 4
    Options
    Love this!
  • MindSetBrenda
    MindSetBrenda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't compare my self to no one but myself. I know how I looked in my 20's, 30's and how I look now. That is my comparison when I look in the mirror. Life itself will cause you to gain, stress, easy to get to food, jobs, children, grand-children, spouse. I could go on but we all know it comes down to is being strong, mind control which leads to food control. Say I am going to do this everyday. Look into that mirror and say this is not me, I am tired of being over weight, tired of being tired, tired of sitting on the bench while the kids play. I want to do this for ME, then my family. If you don't have the support, then Support Yourself! If you have to be STRONG!