I Need Motivation

Options
I'm at that point where I'm just 15 pounds away from my goal weight and I'm sabotaging myself. The last couple days I've done some binging and now the depression and frustration is setting in. I'm not doing it because I'm hungry. I'm not even sure WHY I do it. It's like I lose all my self control and spiral.

My family, (exempting my siblings) though initially supportive of my weight loss, has become less so. I've reached a weight they are comfortable with because they have never seen me thinner than this. I've been the fat child since I was seven years old. My mother prompts me to "treat" myself and to eat whatever I want because I "run so much" and when I'm vulnerable it just happens. I don't blame her. When I lose my resolve, it's not her fault. She's not the one piling doughnuts on my plate. I've had issues with overeating and binging in the past. It's what got me here in the first place.

It feels as though barely anyone supports me. Certainly not my coworkers or my family. I need some motivation that isn't "don't lose more", "if you go down too much you'll lose your curves", or "you have the perfect body now." God, I feel like a jerk complaining about what are essentially compliments spawned from love and affection, but it just makes it so much harder to keep striving for my goal. I know I shouldn't look for validation from others. I know I need to motivate myself.

I suppose I should offer some statistics, just so you all see that I'm not trying to go to a dangerous weight.

SW: 162
CW: 125/126 (128 now due to binging last night lol)
GW: 110

Bust: 32 D
Waist: 27 inches
Hips: 37 inches

Thank you all for reading my emotional gibbledy gook.

Replies

• clairew931
    clairew931 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me if you would like some support! I'm happy to support anyone!

I know it can be really hard when other people think you've reached your goal but you still you aren quite there! At the end of the day...you're doing this for you! We all look for validation from
    Others but it can be tough! And it's important to try and find ways to focus on what matters to you! And not what others say and think...I know this is easier said than done!

Feel free to add me!