Hitting a Plateau

Options
Hi here is my question, I have lost about 22 lbs and have stopped completely loosing weight. In fact I have gained 2lbs back in about 14 days of being stuck. My diet is the same, I hit 800-1,000 calories a day.I go walking/ jogging about 3 times a week (busy schedule). I do not eat any processed foods, take supplements, etc. Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening and how to push through it? Also I am constantly bloated if that has anything to do with anything.

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I hit 800-1,000 calories a day.

Well, here's part of the problem, if you are logging accuratley and honestly. If so, you aren't fueling your body's basic needs.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    after being on this forum you don't know the answer to your own question? maybe research the topic on the forums and find your answer.:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options
    after being on this forum you don't know the answer to your own question? maybe research the topic on the forums and find your answer.:

It's her second post. Lighten up.
  • Ehdowney102
    Ehdowney102 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Even still, searching for the answer to a question should be the first thing someone does on any site. Whenever I have a question I do a search, 90% of the time it's been asked and answered before (that said, the MFP search function leaves a lot to be desired). Not trying to have a go OP, just saying.
  • Ehdowney102
    Ehdowney102 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A) Thank you... (for the lighten up comment)
    B) I eat until I am full. And I try to aim for the 1,100 mark (not the 1,000 it was a typo) But I usually land in that range because of workout and I am not 100% confident in MFP calorie counters being correct all of the time, and because I eat a lot of veggies I am full and do not want to push past that.
  • learninmama
    learninmama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options

Even still, searching for the answer to a question should be the first thing someone does on any site. Whenever I have a question I do a search, 90% of the time it's been asked and answered before (that said, the MFP search function leaves a lot to be desired). Not trying to have a go OP, just saying.

Even still, there's no reason to be rude to someone asking a question. A lot of people don't know the Search button even exists.

OP, above this thread is a Search button. I'd suggest searching Level Obstacles or In Place of a Roadmap. You will find a wealth of information in those threads. 1100 calories (if in fact that is really what you are consuming) is not enough.

Edit: here ya go http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/963088-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy?hl=level+obstacles
  • Angelina3894
    Angelina3894 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Definitely sounds like you are not eating enough. I hit the same issue and i have just increased my food consumption (i am around 1700 cals a day....)...also, try eliminating grains from your diet for a few weeks. It will give you a kick start. No rice, no bread, etc. Good luck!!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I was stuck in an 8 week plateau. I started eating at 20 percent below TDEE and I started losing again. Your body is telling you its time to eat a little more.
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hey, sweety!

800-1000 is not enough. I believe in eat-to-lose logic so, I think you've been undereating and this is causing the plateau. I would suggest you to read this article as it explains in a very accurate way best practices and it's absolutely clear and understandable. I hope it will help you figure out most stuff about losing weight, not just the reason for the plateau.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

And me, personally, I broke my plateau by upping my calories for a week. Sticking to it and drinking a lot of water. If you have other questions, shoot. I hope this will help you :)

Good luck! :)
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Even still, there's no reason to be rude to someone asking a question. A lot of people don't know the Search button even exists.

OP, above this thread is a Search button. I'd suggest searching Level Obstacles or In Place of a Roadmap. You will find a wealth of information in those threads. 1100 calories (if in fact that is really what you are consuming) is not enough.

I wasn't trying to be rude, like I said I'm not having a go. Just trying to point out that search functions are usually there somewhere and it's a good idea to look for them. Like you said, a lot of people don't know it exists, and people aren't going to learn it exists if no one points it out.

OP, if you're looking for ways to increase your calorie count, try eating small, high calorie things like nuts and peanut butter. If you go My Home -> Settings -> Diary Settings and set your diary to public people can see what you're eating and suggest ways to fit more in.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options

I wasn't trying to be rude, like I said I'm not having a go. Just trying to point out that search functions are usually there somewhere and it's a good idea to look for them. Like you said, a lot of people don't know it exists, and people aren't going to learn it exists if no one points it out.

OP, if you're looking for ways to increase your calorie count, try eating small, high calorie things like nuts and peanut butter. If you go My Home -> Settings -> Diary Settings and set your diary to public people can see what you're eating and suggest ways to fit more in.

I wasn't saying you were the one who was rude.
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I swear there are some snarky hungry folks here. Thanks for your post OP. You need to eat more boo..800-1000 you will have some serious issues long term. I did that when I was first started out lost up to 70lbs but have gained 30 back bc I wasn't eating enough. Your body will need more fuel to power through your workouts and just to function period. At least do 1200 if you can't bear to do more.