Thanksgiving and Beyond :)

Options
Hey y'all! I'm Erin, and I have been seeking to lose weight on and off for the past 4 years. This summer I've finally gotten disciplined about it and am learning the balance of loving/making delicious food, and eating TONS of it ;).

My goal is to lose around 40 lbs by Thanksgiving when we are having a HUGE family reunion (i.e. 21 cousins + their spouses and 16 aunts and uncles); this catalyst is great, but I also want to keep off the weight and gain muscle as well! I have lost 13 lbs so far since the beginning of June and would love love love to find active friends/community to do this with! Friend me if you'd like to journey together!!!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose around 40 lbs by Thanksgiving when we are having a HUGE family reunion (i.e. 21 cousins + their spouses and 16 aunts and uncles); this catalyst is great, but I also want to keep off the weight and gain muscle as well!

A healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. So lose what you can, wow everybody at Thanksgiving, then keep going.

The best weight-loss advice I ever received was to read the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • ErinAConnally
    ErinAConnally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    My goal is to lose around 40 lbs by Thanksgiving when we are having a HUGE family reunion (i.e. 21 cousins + their spouses and 16 aunts and uncles); this catalyst is great, but I also want to keep off the weight and gain muscle as well!

A healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. So lose what you can, wow everybody at Thanksgiving, then keep going.

Thank you for the advice, editorgrrl! I actually have done quite a bit of research on weight loss prior to beginning my journey, and over the last month and a half have seen my body lose weight at the pace that apparently it wants to! I am sure it will slow down at some point, and I am definitely not going to try and push it to an extreme that is not lasting (balance is TOTALLY my jam ;)).

I took a look at the article, and it was great! He mentioned, " I think .5 to 1% bodyweight per week is a good general recommendation for most people." Currently, I am 163.1, which at 1% would be 1.631. So I am happy with losing anywhere between .5-1.63 currently, and we'll see how it goes!

Thanks again, and I hope you have a great day!