Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What made you smile today?

Options

Replies

• GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    This post!
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    » show previous quotes

My mom, who has been trying and failing to lose weight for LITERALLY 15 years now, is constantly throwing this one at me. I tried, very sensitively, to get her to do what I'm doing and she totally blew me off "Oh it doesn't work like that for me, I don't have time to count calories, etc etc" and yet she is constantly doing "cleanses" and spending a bunch of money on new fitness classes that kick her butt so hard she can barely walk (she's 53). And whenever I tell her "But mom, I've lost 14 lbs ALREADY and I've really put in minimal effort compared to you." She acts like it's just no big deal at all and she makes me feel like my efforts, however small they are in comparison to hers (It's been effort for me, and probably for the average person, just cause I didn't sign up for boot camp....), don't matter at all. Like, I realize people are different, but CICO is the same no matter your age unless you have special conditions, and she doesn't.

I just want to scream at her through her excuses "Don't you get it??? YOU'RE the reason I thought there was no hope all these years! Your constant "trying" and failing made me believe that if you couldn't do it with all the work you APPEARED to be putting in, that of course I could never do it! And now you can't even be happy for me that I can do it after all?! Really?"

Lmao!! Now I'm mad @cho moma!! Jk funny story!! Wait...it made me smile gotta find that thread thanks bye!! Oh and keep burning!!!
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I was hoping I'd see something here, but nothing has so far.
  • George5891
    George5891 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My daughter :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    My dogs
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,618 Member
    Options
    Text from Mr Boo. :smile:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    warm blankets
  • Mrj183
    Mrj183 Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    getting my cleaning done.
  • katnroyal1987
    katnroyal1987 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Options
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Pandora_and_her_box Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Struggling to smile today. Tired, hungry and want to binge - although I'm not letting myself. Work sucks and I haven't had time to the gym (because of work). But, I'm seeing my BFF tonight and I know for sure that that will make me smile.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options
    Remembering the Royals dominated the Mets last night.
  • Salty_Sauce
    Salty_Sauce Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Knowing I get to sleep in
  • NikaBlake
    NikaBlake Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My first day at my new job as a community centre administrator!...A whole morning of disconnecting the old and setting up the new pc work stations ready for the start of my first week on Monday. Doesn't sound like much fun to most I'm sure but I found it very satisfying :joy: Goodbye grumpy retail customers...Hello cheery local families !:smile:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
  • moijo1
    moijo1 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    nothing :pensive:
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Pandora_and_her_box Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    scaring a co-worker with my costume.

ha ha ha that made me cackle >:)
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    The name Pandora and Her Box, if I'm honest.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old got a school art project published in a local newspaper.

And my best friend.....he texts me Good Morning and something sweet or funny every single morning, and always says Good Night. Every single day, without fail. Even this week....his mother is dying (terminal brain cancer and now colon cancer as well). He still has been doing it, even with all the crap he's dealing with. To know you are important to someone is an amazing feeling.