How do count oil?

Options
I measure out 1 TBSP of grapeseed oil but for calorie counting sake do I count all 120 cals or just half since I'm not realistically eating the whole tablespoon when I cook.

Replies

• freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Be smart and round up... Don't look for ways to "sneak" more calories in later with something else...it's bad practice
  • patriciahutchinson89
    patriciahutchinson89 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »
    Be smart and round up... Don't look for ways to "sneak" more calories in later with something else...it's bad practice

Not trying to sneak but don't want to under eat if anything

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Unless you have leftover in the pan after cooking the whole tablespoon is being eaten. You should divide the tablespoon by the number of servings being cooked. If you do have leftover oil you might try to figure out a way to measure what's left so you can subtract it from what you're eating. That said, I agree with @freak4iron that rounding up is always the best way to handle situations where you aren't really sure. You're better off eating a little less than cutting into your deficit each day.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Ok well if you put 1tsbp in a dish you fried up then you transfer that whole dish to your plate, I would count all of them. The left over oil on the pan won't make much difference either way
  • patriciahutchinson89
    patriciahutchinson89 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you