need help dealing with sugar cravings

Options
Looking for Keto Recipes especially how to deal with cravings

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I found avoiding most carbs except later in the day works for me. Adding spinach to eggs even increases my appetite. Spinach at dinner won't derail my day.

I eat a lot of meats, nuts, avocado, cheese, coconut cream and coconut. I eat some low GI veggies, and almost no fruit (I've never been a fruit eater though). Burger patties, Fish, chicken, bratwurst, guacamole, nuts, eggs and bacon are my main foods. Dinner tonight was a can of tuna, 1/2 an avocado, 1 Tbs mayo, and 3 stalks celery.

I avoid all grains, potatoes, rice - basically starchy foods. I missed it for the first week or so but I am happy without them now.

Paleo books will have good recipes but cut back on the veggies to stay in ketosis.

Feel free to look at my foods. I'm new to ketosis but I've settled into it well this month.

Good luck!
  • Terrahwan18
    Terrahwan18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out Pinterest. I was having chocolate cravings yesterday and found a keto chocolate mousse. Amazing, but really rich. Good for getting your fat count up. Butter, cream cheese, cocoa, stivia and heavy whipping cream.
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Be prepared to distract yourself to get through cravings. HYDRATE with water, sometimes craviñgs are thirst. Embrace fatty foods, they'll keep you from looking for more food. You can Google whatever you want to make with 'keto' or 'low carb' and find a recipe version for keto.

You CAN eat 2 oz of ice cream or 30 gr of dark chocolate chips and you might be surprised at being satisfied with such a quantity