Walking on Stairs on Rest Day

Options
Immerito
Immerito Posts: 105 Member
Is walking up and down (very casually, nowhere pushing yourself to the limits acceptable activity on a rest day?

What do you do on your rest day?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's a rest day. You're only allowed to push yourself around in a wheelchair. Better yet, be pushed
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    What you do on a rest/recovery day depends entirely on what you're doing on days you exercise but normal day to day activities such as walking, going up and down stairs would not be outside of what one would normally do.

I seldom take a rest day but I do take active recovery days (walking, kayaking, relaxed pace bike ride, short slow run). If you've got enough variety in your workouts (alternating impact / intensity) you may find that you don't need to take too many days off.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    rollover_large4.jpg[img][/img]
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I still walk over 20k steps on my rest days.. I don't often have a rest day though. I might rest a muscle group (arms) but still workout my legs. Rest days don't mean you can't do anything.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »
    I still walk over 20k steps on my rest days.. I don't often have a rest day though. I might rest a muscle group (arms) but still workout my legs. Rest days don't mean you can't do anything.

You keep using that word...........
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    I don't take rest days.

I do, however, have days with less activity than others and on those days, I might hike up the 5 flights of stairs to my office.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Immerito wrote: »
    Is walking up and down (very casually, nowhere pushing yourself to the limits acceptable activity on a rest day?
    Depends on the purpose/goal of your rest day. But I can think of very few contexts where "casually walking on stairs" is going to be counterproductive.

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Depends on the purpose/goal of your rest day. But I can think of very few contexts where "casually walking on stairs" is going to be counterproductive.

Like during sex?
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »

If you live in a city where walking is your primary form of transportation, 20k steps is very reasonable.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

What if you're ED209? Walking on stairs might be the last thing you ever do.

full.gif

• colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My rest days are rest days from lifting.

Everything else is fair game.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

What if you're ED209? Walking on stairs might be the last thing you ever do.

full.gif
    Exactly! This is why I said it depends.

• majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

sjohnny wrote: »

Rest is such a pretty word.. I need more rest on my rest days or else they just aren't really rest days are they? The rest of my days I do too much to call them rest days. :/ boo.