Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sugar Allotment

I am frustrated with one aspect of this site: the sugar allotment. I am just trying to maintain my weight or maybe lose a few pounds. Therefore, I am mostly concerned with calories. However, it bothers me that my sugar allotment without exercise is 24 grams, and eating a banana in the morning takes up 21 grams of this sugar allotment. I am sorry, but I do not buy this recent hype that bananas are bad for you. I think it is ridiculous that if I eat fruit (not only bananas) my sugar consumption goes through the roof. One morning I ate a banana and a pear and my sugar consumption was like 34 grams.

Can anyone discuss why the sugar allotment is set up this way? I would be happy to hear why. Also, how will this affect my weight/weightloss? I have lost a few pounds, and I usually keep under calorie consumption (adjusted each day for exercise). Additionally, does anyone think there should be a difference when counting sugar between sugars from fruit and granualted sugar?

Replies