Encourage me please!

Options
darhoff
darhoff Posts: 7 Member
Hi my name is Darci and since Im at my heaviest (255 lb) right now, I cant seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Somebody please tell me your success stories! Is there really hope for me to get back down to where I need to be?

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    darhoff wrote: »
    Hi my name is Darci and since Im at my heaviest (255 lb) right now, I cant seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Somebody please tell me your success stories! Is there really hope for me to get back down to where I need to be?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/success-stories I love looking through this section... Welcome to MFP and YES it can be done. It's simple but it take COMMITMENT and focus, never said it was easy though. ;)
  • nldmaglet
    nldmaglet Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I too was at 255 at my heaviest. Yrs ago before my accident I carried around a journal to write down what I was feeling and and always told myself that I was a strong person and I could do anything with positivity. I talked to myself so to speak. It really helps. A weight doctor told me to do that and it turned out great. I would read it back always to see what I was feeling those days. I went from 255 to 150 in 6 months. But, I had an accident in 2007 that damaged my back and now I'm in a lot of pain. I've gained 40 pounds and am trying this app out to lose some weight so I can lesson my pain and work out. It's hard fore to walk but I have stated to do yoga which I was told from my back doctor that is the best thing to lose weight and to get strong. It hurts a lot and I fall a ton and I can't walk well after but I know that it will get better. I believe in myself. I wish you luck on your journey. You can do this! Add me if you wish. I will be very encouraging and would love that in return. Have a good day.
  • twinsxstwo
    twinsxstwo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It can be done but it's a slow process. I am going to a wait Dr after trying diet pills at the drug store and of course not getting any results. The Dr gave me adipex. Yeah I know but I just haven't been able to do it on my own. I just had my first weight in and lost 12.5 lbs. It's still not easy. I tend to turn to food when I have problems. My coworker helps me thru the day. She is also using this app but not going to the weight loss Dr. We have a mini fridge and only stock it with healthy food so I guess you could say we encourage each other. So it can be done and the thing I had to learn is if you blow your calories one day hey it's ok just do better tomorrow it will be ok.