What about Herbalife?

Options
darhoff
darhoff Posts: 7 Member
We have some locals here that offer free fitness camp for anyone who wants to attend. These guys are really, really stoked about this herbalife and they definitely have shown tremendous results in their physique! Have you tried Herbalife? What do you think of it?

Replies

• jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Be wary of MLM schemes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9qu4_SA0wY You can lose weight yourself and it won't cost you any more than the food you buy
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    There's about 1000 threads on MFP that will happily explain that it's a scam, it can destroy your liver, and it's a waste of money. They're really really stoked about herbalife because they want to sell it to you.
  • darhoff
    darhoff Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding, very helpful.
  • moog54
    moog54 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been on Herbalife products for about 6months, so far I have lost 3stone, with still another7stone to go. I like this because I have a distributor who keeps regular tabs on me, and is always there if I need to talk or need advice. Yes I know he wants to better his sales by selling, but I need one to one suport which other over the counter or book diets just do not offer. The 'scams' about this damaging your liver are unfounded and haven't been proved. Surely anything that serves to help weight loss is a benifit,

Alcohol has been proved to cause serious liver problems, but do you still drink the stuff? Smoking causes lung cancer, but many still smoke.

• poppy10177
    poppy10177 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with you ive been on herbalife for 3 months now and ive lost almost 30 lbs and ive never had no problems and i love it :)
  • lakelochness
    lakelochness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I tried a Herbalife shake once and it was the worst thing I've ever done to my body. I was so unwell all day, it was like the worst food poisoning I'd ever had. It totally wrecked my system. Would run away from it like the plague.
  • mynameisoliverqueen
    mynameisoliverqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    moog54 wrote: »
    The 'scams' about this damaging your liver are unfounded and haven't been proved. Surely anything that serves to help weight loss is a benifit,

Really??? So the US National Library of Medicine are wrong to publish findings that show the liver damage?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3004035/

I lost 2 stone in a couple of months by NOT taking Herbatripe or other FAD pill/shake/juice "diets" & have kept it off by changing what I eat rather than looking for a miracle solution. I suffer from Multiple Sclerosis as well so exercising is difficult for me. I still eat "junk food" regularly. I didn't even have a lot of weight to lose (10lbs or so to reach my absolute bottom line weight) and happy with the results I am seeing already compared to EVERY person I know that is taking one of these MLM scheme or FAD diets who are constantly complaining they are hungry or not losing weight. I would rather take true Snake Oil than see any of my friends using these unproven fad diets that mean you lose more Pounds from your bank account than you do in weight.

Stop taking the pills or whatever for a month and see what happens. I know that I will not put the weight back on if I go over my allowances daily by a certain amount, but I bet that the weight you lost will be back on quicker than you lost it and you will be paying for Herbatripe for the rest of your lives until you see the light and change your diet properly!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Oh my GOSH! This is about to turn into the BIGGEST dumpster fire....*Grabs popcorn*
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    moog54 wrote: »
    I've been on Herbalife products for about 6months, so far I have lost 3stone, with still another7stone to go. I like this because I have a distributor who keeps regular tabs on me, and is always there if I need to talk or need advice. Yes I know he wants to better his sales by selling, but I need one to one suport which other over the counter or book diets just do not offer. The 'scams' about this damaging your liver are unfounded and haven't been proved. Surely anything that serves to help weight loss is a benifit,

Alcohol has been proved to cause serious liver problems, but do you still drink the stuff? Smoking causes lung cancer, but many still smoke.

What a glowing recommendation.

And ya, the NLB is a great resource.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows that alcohol & cigarettes are bad for you, but if Herbalife is supposed to be making you HEALTHIER then why would you use it if it possibly damages your body?! So you can just poison yourself in order to lose weight & it's totally fine?
    Anything someone wants to sell you is a big NO.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Don't fall for it - Herbalife is an overpriced scam, and it has been linked to liver damage in some individuals.

Calorie deficit, for the win.