Wedding blues

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    I asked you to not post on this thread specifically.

you cant order somebody to not to post on your thread
    And she only try to help

But yeah you cant spot reduce
    Eating at a deficit wont make you gain muscle ( except for noob gaining)

So maybe you should look into recomp.
    hope that helps

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    @zebrablueyes , @editorgrrl was not calling you overweight.

This sentence "A healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight."

is actually: "A healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb per week for every 25 lbs that you're overweight."

Can you see the difference?

Kind regards

Orph.
  • zebrablueyes
    zebrablueyes Posts: 22 Member
    Ok thanks I guess she could of made that more clear, my apologies. When you deal with negative people or society you always expect the worse.

I'm ok with losing 10-20 if possible!! Just hoping I lose from arms, I generally do from there and face, we shall see!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Ok thanks I guess she could of made that more clear, my apologies. When you deal with negative people or society you always expect the worse.

I'm ok with losing 10-20 if possible!! Just hoping I lose from arms, I generally do from there and face, we shall see!

I'm sorry you misunderstood what I said. The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off—that's just the way the human body works. If you have 25 lbs. to lose, a healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week. So in three months, you could safely lose 6 lbs. Maybe even 10. But not the 30 you said in your original post.

And you cannot control where the weight will come off. That's entirely determined by genetics. If you eat fewer calories than you burn, your arms and face will eventually get smaller along with the rest of you.
  • Marylisa50
    Marylisa50 Posts: 4 Member
    Being sick sucks .... u can do this !!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited July 2015
    Thank you I really appreciate the advice. In addition, I realize I have gained some weight due to my injury but I thought this forum was supposed to be about positivity. I don't need anyone calling me overweight repeatedly, it's immature. Why do you think I am trying to lose weight? So please don't comment on here because I don't need any more negativity from anyone on here.

Also, I am mainly trying to lose inches in my arms. I have heard and read that you shouldn't really do major lifting because it will just keep your fat and build it into muscle/ I have read that it is better to lose weight first before trying to tone your arms? Thoughts? Also I have heard that you can burn fat without gaining muscle if you use ight 2-3 dumbbells and do arms?

Thanks

Zebrablueyes,

Sorry about your injury.

Editor girl is not being negative, she is saying the truth. You can't spot reduce, and unfortunately we don't get to choose where we take the weight off. Saying the truth is not negative at all, and I even see it as supportive. :)

Your information about weight lifting is incorrect. Fat does not turn into muscle--you lose fat and you build muscle. When you eat at a deficit, the goal is to lose fat; when you eat at maintenance or at a slight surplus and do heavy weight lifting, the goal is to build muscle. Also, with muscle women do not bulk, they generally look smaller.

Weight lifting while in a calorie deficit helps you to maintain the muscle mass you already have. If you lose weight too quickly, you risk losing lean muscle mass. That is not a good thing.

I have been weight lifting for years (even did so when I was fat! :D), and I really got into heavy weight lifting the first few months when I started on my weight loss journey. I can't tell you the amazing changes I have seen in my body. My arms are toned, way smaller than they were, and people comment on the muscle definition (especially the beau, which makes me very happy). I weigh 139/140 pounds on 5 ft 5 frame and wear a size 4 to 6. I feel great about how I look, and I feel fantastic.

I encourage you to lose your weight in a slow sustainable way and to give some weight lifting a try. It does wonders. :)
  • zebrablueyes
    Just an update I personally wanted to say thank you for all your support!!! Since I started exactly one month a go I have lost exactly ten pounds!!!! In addition, before that my weight fluctuated 6 pounds so I've actually lost 16! But ten in a month! I'm hoping to keep losing more before the wedding especially ten more. I need to remain positive- I can do it!!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Good job!

Hope your health is improving too
  • zebrablueyes
    arjvuaj4e8q4.jpg

Not sure if you can tell, it's harder for me to see.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    In your mid-section and your hips :) Great Job!!
  • zebrablueyes
    Thank you!! I hope my arms have gotten smaller too, I think they have a little ☺️
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited August 2015
    I can certainly see it in your stomach and arms! Keep up the great work! Thanks for the update.

Edit: Haha, I didn't see there was a page 2. So I'm not just saying that! :smile:
  • zebrablueyes
    Haha thank you!!!!
  • SLLRunner
    Just an update I personally wanted to say thank you for all your support!!! Since I started exactly one month a go I have lost exactly ten pounds!!!! In addition, before that my weight fluctuated 6 pounds so I've actually lost 16! But ten in a month! I'm hoping to keep losing more before the wedding especially ten more. I need to remain positive- I can do it!!!

Cool beans! Congratulations!
  • SLLRunner
    arjvuaj4e8q4.jpg

Not sure if you can tell, it's harder for me to see.

It is always harder for us to see our successes. Yes, I can see a difference. Just keep up your hard work and don't lose it too fast either.
  • zebrablueyes
    Here's a better pic I took today, it's right but hoping it will fit better next month. I haven't been losing too fast I don't believe. Just eating my daily calories, etc. I hope I don't plateau soon. I was told I shouldn't as long as I keep my CI<CO

13qon9u43oc2.jpg
  • zebrablueyes
    Bump^

Someone please answer about the plateau question
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I hope I don't plateau soon. I was told I shouldn't as long as I keep my CI<CO

Weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you do everything right but maintain—or even gain. Others you lose a whole lot in a "whoosh."

A safe, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. You were 30 lbs. overweight and lost 10 lbs. in one month (2.5 lb. per week). I would not expect to keep losing at that rate much longer.

And I would be concerned that you're losing lean body mass.
  • zebrablueyes
    I'm not losing lean muscle mass as I'm in PT and using my muscles. Please quit being negative! I feel as though a lot of people can't be happy for anyone on here and show support.

As I reiterated before, please stop calling me "overweight" I am aware of it and it's not polite to keep pointing it out in a new thread. Thank you.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited August 2015
    I was thinking that it might pay to think of the other great positives you are getting from the wedding, first and foremost, a fiancee who obviously loves you unconditionally and has stuck by you through all this. It's a big deal to come back from a major injury like you have.

Consider any further losses and toning in the coming month to be a bonus, and please, please, please stand tall and own your dress no matter what size you end up on the big day.