Trying to figure it out

Options
Hi, I have been overweight most of my life. Put on a diet at about 12 by doctor, didn't work, finally lost weight in my early twenty's until I had my children, so I was healthy from age 20-27. Then weight back on. Constant diets. Tried all of the popular programs, they work for a few weeks and then weight back on again. I've exercised at gym and home, all types. Need to lose an easy 80 pounds to be at a good bmi. For the hundredth time. Currently using the wii fit and walking, but I have fibromyaglia and restless leg which leaves me in pain, although better now that I am on meds but still have hard time moving, also dealing with depression, stressful home life as a single divorced mom of 3 teens, busy work situation where I work an average of 9-10 hrs a day. No real me time. By the end of the day I just want to throw the legs up and eat. I've gone from not eating much until late night to eating throughout the day. Either way not losing weight. I have been tracking calories but not helping yet. I am extremely stressed, tired and want badly to get some of this weight off! Any suggestions would be great. What have you done with a similar life style. I am worn out and don't know where to go at this point. Thanks so very much!!!

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hi, I used to feel like that until I joined MFP to be honest.

Once I started to input every single food or drink that I was taking, I was surprised at the calories that I was consuming and that was enough to get me going. I have been on here for 4 weeks now and lost 13lbs so at last I must be doing something right.

I believe that if you are totally honest with yourself and record everything, the first three or four days may be difficult but after that you will get into the swing of things and start to feel so much better and all those things that stressed you out before will not seem half as bad.

Feel free to add me if you want! :flowerforyou: