Is this okay?

Options
So my strategy is to eat a certain amount of calories during the weekdays and then allowing myself to have 200 more on the weekends. (I am not going to write the amount of calories nor my stats because that would distort the answers I would get.) Is this a good strategy? Or should I vary my caloric intake differently?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    Why are you planning to do it this way?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    That's what I do. Keeps me sane on the weekends and I'm down over 50lbs. I do 1200-1300 during the week and around 2000 on weekends.
  • szeeesz
    szeeesz Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Why are you planning to do it this way?
    On weekdays I do IF but on the weekends I find it way harder to do so. So those 200kcals are basically my breakfast calories.

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Lots of people do it this way, or similar ways. If I know I'm likely to go over one day I'll eat slightly less in the days leading up to it, or if I go over without planning one day I'll eat less in the days after.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're talking about a form of intermittent fasting (5:2 diets) you'll get a plethora of answers probably. My thought are simply CICO, calories in vs calories out. AS long a you maintain a calorie deficit over a period of time you will lose weight, the reverse also applies surplus of calories over a period of time and you'll gain weight.

Here is a link concerning meal timing...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/820577/meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    So, you are trying to meet a weekly calorie goal rather than a daily calorie goal (as you will be under/over for weekdays/weekends)?
    I have seen other people post that do that. But, I prefer to just attempt my daily goal; I like it simple.
    You can read on the Internet for forever and a day. The important thing is to find a method that "clicks" for you. Just try your strategy out, and see what results you get.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is okay.

I don't do it that way, but I usually have more calories available on the weekend because I tend to exercise more on the weekend.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    That strategy is fine