4 lb weight gain in a day

Options
13»

Replies

• qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Also, if you're going to stress over small gains (which are going to happen no matter what you do), try only weighing yourself only once a month and watch for the overall downward trend. I, know, easier said than done! :)
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    It's not really unusual. I would say 4 lbs is on the higher side of a weigh flux, but nothing I haven't seen myself. I used to weigh every day and often several times a day...I MADE myself stop...I made it a goal that is just as important as my diet and excercise goals to me to stay off the scale except for Friday morning. I'd highly encourage you to try it. It's better in so many ways...I'm more motivated and really get to be excited about progress like I never could weighing daily. I push to Friday (a concrete mini goal) and then I usually get an extra burst of motivation from seeing a loss to fuel me through the weekend. Even if I see a gain, that kind of inspires me more to work harder. It was tough to ignor the call of the scale at first but it's much easier now that I'm use to it. I'll never go back!
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    So you lost 14 or 15 pounds in 2 weeks and gained back 4 of it for about a week?
    As an average woman eating 1200 calories a day you are likely going to lose one or two pounds a week. Sounds like you are ahead of the game by 4 or 5 pounds. Your expectations aren't realistic if you think that you will continue losing more than 1 or 2 pounds a week on average.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's water retention.