Body By Vi

Options
Anyone ever took the challenge with BBV? Just curious, does it keep you full and from over eating?

Replies

• KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    With a quick google I can straight away tell you it's most likely a waste of money. 'Diet shakes' very rarely work, and if they do, it's only because you're in a deficit.

Eat less and stick to your calorie goals and you'll lose weight. Invest the money in something else, if you want it to be health and fitness related invest in some dumbbells or a gym membership
    Dont waste money on something you can get for free...

ETA: I've just looked more into what it consists of. replacing 2 meals a day with shakes doesn't seem like a very healthy option. If you're only eating one meal a day I'd say you're probably more likely to binge/overeat. Restricting often leads to bingeing and in the long run you'll be wasting money and most likely not losing weight.

If you really want to use diet or protein shakes, I'd suggest using them alongside a calorie controlled diet. It means you can still use the shakes (although personally I have no idea why anyone would want to) but you can eat decent balanced meals too, without too much restricting.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It's an expensive MLM scam. Save your cash and buy a food scale and eat to a deficit.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have deleted Facebook friends who have sent me messages about BV after I ask them not too. Them and the HL folks. I tell everyone I lost my weight without shakes, pills etc. I worked out and watch what I ate, nuff said, 100+ lbs gone.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I was given a bag of the sweet cream protein powder from someone who tried it for weight loss and didn't have success. ...it worked great as a protein supplement! and it tastes DELICIOUS! "the shake mix that tastes like a cake mix."

ETA: it's ridiculously overpriced, though, compared to other soy-based powders, so I would never buy it for myself.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    No
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    It's an expensive MLM scam. Save your cash and buy a food scale and eat to a deficit.

I agree with this - it's a huge scam. Basically, you sign up and then if you get three more people to sign up you get your product for free for 90 days so it's a legal pyramid scheme at the basics of it. They say it's the shake that tastes like cake - and the flavour isn't bad, I tried it once - but it's not worth it.

It asks you to replace 2 meals/day (or 1 if you don't have a lot to lose) and really, you feel horrible by drinking your calories. I can't drink my calories, I just want to eat more and more when I do that. I get satisfied by actually eating things. What's more is that it isn't sustainable - are you going to drink two of your meals/day every day forever? And you can't always get 3 more people to sign up so eventually it runs out.

I think you should really just invest in figuring out how to eat for your body and what you need. This works "fast" because you're in a big deficit . . . but as we all know very well that the lose weight quick methods don't work for long periods of time and generally aren't sustainable.

I've also removed people from my life that keep trying to sell me on it - they message me occasionally with things like "oh good to see your running is going so well, did you know that Vi complements athletes by . . . . . " and so on and it's just not for me but they don't get it - I said no 4 months ago, I haven't changed my mind and if I do, I will contact you. So I removed them from my life and kept on running. Save your money and enjoy eating.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Scam and waste of money.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Had a friend do it, she lasted maybe at most a month then fell off the wagon and gained it all back. Same goes for other meal replacement programmes friends have done over the years. I always tell them what will happen but people will do what they do and outcome is always the same. They regain the weight. Same for friends who use Slimming World and Weight Watchers. None of them have sustained any weight loss.
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I know a few people who have failed with programs like this. Eat less, log everything and move more is what I try to tell them. The best part? Not only is it free, you will probably even save money.