Tips for losing the last 5-10 pounds

Options
My primary goal is based on how I look and not necessarily the scale, however I know I can lose atleast another 5 pounds and I have been really struggling with it. Anyone have any tips? I do lots of cardio each day, get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water, watch my sodium and carb intake. Kinda feel like I'm running out of options.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food on a digital scale?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Same way you've lost the weight you've already lost - with a calorie deficit. With the last few pounds you shouldn't aim for more than around half a pound a day, so you have to be patient as daily fluctuations can easily cover that. You also have to be really strict on your logging - weigh everything that you can, because with only a 250 calorie deficit (which is what you'll have if you're aiming for 0.5lbs/week) it can be really easy to accidentally eat that much extra in a day and remove your deficit.

You have to just stick with it, the last 5lbs aren't really that much different from the first - it's still all about having a calorie deficit.
  • mark6281991
    mark6281991 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you are truly stuck, you can try carb cycling. 3 days really low carbs followed by 1 day reasonably high carb. Scoobysworkshop.com has a ton of great tools you can use for free. A carb cycling calculator is one of them.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Be patient and strict with your logging.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Get a digital food scale.

Lift weights.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Same way you've lost the weight you've already lost - with a calorie deficit. With the last few pounds you shouldn't aim for more than around half a pound a day, so you have to be patient as daily fluctuations can easily cover that. You also have to be really strict on your logging - weigh everything that you can, because with only a 250 calorie deficit (which is what you'll have if you're aiming for 0.5lbs/week) it can be really easy to accidentally eat that much extra in a day and remove your deficit.

You have to just stick with it, the last 5lbs aren't really that much different from the first - it's still all about having a calorie deficit.
    yap.. & the last "5-10" lbs are no different from the others .. it still requires be in a calorie deficit and tightened up logging ... just with them last 5 or so lbs it may seem harder because .. your TEE is lower than before and that means little to no >wiggle room < 4 u
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Move more, eat less. It's just harder because there's only so much deficit you can create before you get hangry.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    This seems obvious, but are you making sure the calories you consume are less than you need to maintain in order to continue losing?
  • cmsmco
    cmsmco Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hang in there! I am right there with you, it's going slow because the calories burned are not as high during exercise and the calories you need at lower weight also goes down. Just stick with it, don't give up, you can do it!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    The leaner you get the harder it gets...that's just how it is. If it was the same as losing all the other pounds, a lot more people wouldn't be struggling to lose those last few and they'd be walking around with 6 packs.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Google HIIT - high intensity interval training. It helps you really maximize the calories you burn in your cardio workout, improves your cardio fitness and health, and gives you a metabolic boost after your workout. Alternate HIIT with lifting and you'll see your body fat % drop. You'll feel good too - but be ready to sweat! :)