Lots of allowable calories leftover... Food ideas please!

Options
I've had breakfast and lunch so far and still have tons of calories left over and I have run out of food ideas. I need to stay below a certain sugar level and certain fat levels so I'm running out of ideas any help?

Replies

• DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    if you're ok with carbs being higher then go for some bread/grain kind of stuff. Maybe pretzels? Rice?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Peach pie.
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just because you have calories leftover doesn't mean you have to eat them. Only eat if you are hungry.

As for ideas for dinner...

I don't have a sugar restriction, so I haven't paid super close attention. However, a diabetic recipe blog should yield some good ideas.

http://www.diabeticfoodie.com/

This one looks promising.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Chicken marsala.
  • DuckReconMajor
    Options
    Just because you have calories leftover doesn't mean you have to eat them. Only eat if you are hungry.

If your calorie intake for the day is at a dangerously low level it might be a good idea to eat them back at some point.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    You didn't specify what the sugar and fat levels are. However, some lean chicken or lean beef burger popped into my head; rice and beans, veggies. Any low or no-fat dairy (yogurt, cottage cheese). If you're looking more for snacks-pretzels or baked chips, again low-fat dairy, there are tons of things!
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    Options

If your calorie intake for the day is at a dangerously low level it might be a good idea to eat them back at some point.

One day of low calories won't kill a person, even a week won't.
  • DuckReconMajor
    Options

I totally agree. There are those who might not feel hungry enough to eat after a week though is all I'm talking about.
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    Options

I totally agree. There are those who might not feel hungry enough to eat after a week though is all I'm talking about.

Given that OP stated they already ate breakfast and lunch, and is looking for other food ideas, I wasn't getting a big anorexia vibe. However, yes in a case where someone never feels hunger due to psychological issues with foods, then they should eat even if not hungry.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well, are you hungry? Are you craving anything? When I have extra calories, I'll allow myself a treat if I really crave it. Otherwise, I just save the calories for another day when I'm hungrier.