Knowing what to eat.

Options
I am currently doing slimming world, im finding it really hard to keep on track so i thought i would start calorie counting aswell to see if it helps. Can anyone give me some advice on whats low calorie but also can eat on slimming world as i dont have a clue?

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I don't know what slimming world is. Eat what you normally like to eat, just less. Make sure what you eat fits into your calorie goal for the day.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing slimming world, im finding it really hard to keep on track so i thought i would start calorie counting aswell to see if it helps. Can anyone give me some advice on whats low calorie but also can eat on slimming world as i dont have a clue?

I'd ditch SW and just count calories. You can eat whatever you'd like.

For low calorie dishes, you can't really go wrong filling the plate with vegetables and lean protein.
  • betsytooley05
    betsytooley05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with the ditching slimming world idea. I did slimming world a few years ago and loved it don't get me wrong but the idea of unlimited pasta potatoes and rice is absurd! Try just counting calories for a few weeks and I guarantee you'll prefer it, good luck x
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat at a caloric deficit?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I don't know what slimming world is. Eat what you normally like to eat, just less. Make sure what you eat fits into your calorie goal for the day.

No way man. Too simple.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

No way man. Too simple.

I know right? I'm trying to blow some minds here!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Skip slimming world and just eat at a calorie deifict. Less confusing and more sustainable
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just eat fewer calories than you burn.

Go to your grocery store and find foods that fit within your daily calorie limit ... preferably foods you like.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Also clueless on slimming world, but I do know that counting cals and figuring out what to eat and how much is a learning process, at least it was for me. I find that pre-logging foods helps tremendously - you can see what fits into your daily goals and what doesn't, adjust portion sizes, change food items to better hit macro targets (protein, fat & carbs), etc.

Figuring out your goals and eating regular foods makes it much easier to stick with for life - and I'm guessing you don't want to be on slimming world forever....
  • pelonitahh
    pelonitahh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count calories & eat every 3- hours
    Fish chicken salads n veggies
    Light yogurt only 2 fruit a day
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

I think it's a Euro version of Weight Watchers.....

OP - look in the MFP groups. I'm guessing there is a group of Slimming World users that can answer this for you.