Just had a delicious low calorie lunch :)

Options
happy_angi09
happy_angi09 Posts: 46 Member
edited July 2015 in Recipes
I wanted to share my recipe that I threw together at lunch because it was so good and low calorie.

TUNA PATTIES
1 Can chunk light tuna
1 egg
1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning

Mix all ingredients in bowl. Separate and flatten into 4 patties. Brown in olive or vegetable oil.

280 calories for the 4 patties.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I want to try that with salmon. I just can't really stomach canned tuna. Thanks for the idea.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Good idea! Going to try this out
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites! I love it with a light mayo/caper/lemon sauce or just with light mayo/light sour cream/Cajun
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Your recipe is close to my tuna patty recipe. The only diff is I use a tbs of flour instead of breadcrumbs and I add a little garlic salt. Will have to try it your way!
  • MsNee225
    MsNee225 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is the egg hard boiled?
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No, the egg is left raw as it binds the ingredients so it doesn't fall apart during cooking. I also add onion to mine. Another good thing to add is mustard. I have also added BBQ sauce before. Call me crazy but its delicious.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Bump! This sounds delicous!
  • linboelle
    linboelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'm so hungry right now and was dreading my lunch break because I had no idea what I could eat that wouldn't throw me off track. I have all of the ingredients for this and will definitely make it at noon. Thank you!
  • canmik86
    canmik86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i want to try this for lunch today also, but can anyone confirm that the tuna is drained first right?
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Leftover baked skinless chicken leg (with garlic chili spices), 1/2 c. lowfat cottage cheese with black pepper, green beans, carrot, and a very ripe banana!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    MsNee225 wrote: »
    Is the egg hard boiled?

No - it's mixed in like you would a meat loaf. A binder of sorts.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Oh..... I thought we were listing our lunch items. Oooooops! :p
  • linboelle
    linboelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    canmik86 wrote: »
    i want to try this for lunch today also, but can anyone confirm that the tuna is drained first right?

Yes, you want to drain it first or you'll just have a mushy mess. I made these yesterday and they're delicious.

• kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thank you for this!!