water!!!!

Options
Hey guys... I just want to say Omg switching from juice to water has pounds MELTING off...I would drink a jug of pink lemonade everyday and also put it in a bottle when I went mountain biking or to the gym..I HATED water..I convinced myself I will just never be able to drink it and that is that..well, I wasn't loosing weight so I made the decision to switch over..for good.. What I do is fill up a large camel back water bottle with half an orange (sliced up) a slice of lime and a slice of lemon.. The orange gives it a sweet taste and the lemon and lime take the horribleness out of the taste of water (yes..to me water tastes horrible) I also fill my bottle with half ice and half tap water or Britta if you prefer..and it makes it just that much more refreshing...I was logging six cups of juice a day (I probably drank more especially if I worked out) and it put around 600 calories on MFP.. And was always going over..now..I crave my fruit infused water and juice is wayyy to sweet now..just a helpful hint if you really want to knock off calories in your day and feel great on top of it.

Replies

• tenkides
    tenkides Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I switched over too. I used to drink a lot of pop every time. Now I drink water a lot. Good luck on your journey.
  • domgibson88
    domgibson88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    tenkides wrote: »
    I switched over too. I used to drink a lot of pop every time. Now I drink water a lot. Good luck on your journey.

Thanks!!You too!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

Have you tried filtering the water with a brita pitcher or similar? Sometimes that's enough to get the water to not be so gross. I have to filter my water since it ends up tasting like the lake otherwise - blech!

If you have, then keep doing what you're doing - and maybe look into "infused" water (I think that's the right name...). It's different ways to flavor water.

~Lyssa
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I've always been a water drinker (well I should say for about 24 years)- ever since I was breast feeding my oldest child I craved it- but it has to be water out of the refrigerator- COLD- and it has to be in a glass glass, NO ice. I can't drink it any other way, or don't enjoy it as much out of a plastic water bottle but will drink it out of plastic if I'm on a bike. I can't stand the taste of soft water so I have to buy it in the jugs from the store. This summer I have totally gotten rid of my habit of drinking diet A & W. Even though I always drank water and thought I drank enough with my glass in the morning and at least one or two glasses (16 oz each) during the day, I would always have at least one glass of diet A & W too. I now drink water only and have come to prefer it over anything else. I do drink one cup of coffee in the morning, but always have water with it. I have noticed that yes I visit the restroom more often, but I feel better and I think I am back on a losing streak (we'll see- it's only been about 3 weeks).
  • domgibson88
    domgibson88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've always been a water drinker (well I should say for about 24 years)- ever since I was breast feeding my oldest child I craved it- but it has to be water out of the refrigerator- COLD- and it has to be in a glass glass, NO ice. I can't drink it any other way, or don't enjoy it as much out of a plastic water bottle but will drink it out of plastic if I'm on a bike. I can't stand the taste of soft water so I have to buy it in the jugs from the store. This summer I have totally gotten rid of my habit of drinking diet A & W. Even though I always drank water and thought I drank enough with my glass in the morning and at least one or two glasses (16 oz each) during the day, I would always have at least one glass of diet A & W too. I now drink water only and have come to prefer it over anything else. I do drink one cup of coffee in the morning, but always have water with it. I have noticed that yes I visit the restroom more often, but I feel better and I think I am back on a losing streak (we'll see- it's only been about 3 weeks).

Good job!!Yes for me it's hard to drink sugary juices now which is crazy!!!! Good luck!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Congrats OP!

For those looking to make a change as well, here's a 4 Week Better Beverage Challenge

...By trading calorie-laden drinks for smarter hydration choices, you’ll:
    • Feel more alert and energized from being well-hydrated
    • Consume fewer empty calories—and maybe even lose some weight!
    • Have more calories to fuel up at mealtimes
    • Save some cash—see how all of those trips to the drink machine and coffee shop add up!

Whether you want to cut back gradually or go cold turkey, we have a plan for you. In one month’s time, you’ll be making better beverage choices without even thinking twice.

...Figure out what beverages you want to cut back on. Take a look at your food diary and decide which drinks are the highest in calories and sugar, and start with those. If you don’t track, think about your current beverage habits and where you might be able to upgrade your drinks.Some examples of high-calorie beverages include:
    • Sodas
    • Fruit juices (this includes 100% juice—some contain just as much sugar as soda!)
    • Sweetened teas and lemonades
    • Flavored milks (both dairy and non-dairy)
    • Coffee beverages (hot or frozen)
    • Sports and energy drinks
    • Alcoholic beverages: Not all boozy beverages contain sugar, but they’re all sources of empty calories, so feel free to cut back on these as well

Decide whether you want to scale back gradually or go cold turkey. Then, check out the guide below to put together your personalized plan.

Find some refreshing alternatives. Science has shown the best way to ditch an undesirable habit is to replace it with a better one. Stocking your fridge with a few healthier go-to drinks will set you up for success. For some thirst-quenching inspiration, check out some of these helpful articles with low- or no-calorie drink ideas:

Read more: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-better-beverage-challenge/