Is it possible for ANYONE to become thin?

my definition of thin is probably different than yours. However I feel like I can't get thin. I'm 186.5lbs and I'm 5'2. I wear a size 14 in jeans. I want to be 120lbs or so, and I want to wear around a size 4. But is it even possible for me to get that thin? I know I can lose my belly and fat from my legs. But evrrytime I put my hand on my hip or on the side of my rib cage I can feel my bones. So it's not like any fat can come off there. Will my bone structure move closer together as I lose weight? Is that even physically possible? I'm not that far into my weight loss journey and I know that only time will tell, but I'm worried that I will spend all this time trying to strive for a body I can't even achieve.

I know genetics pay a large sum into this, but I don't really know what I come from. I don't know my birth parents in other words.

Replies

• emodavis
    emodavis Posts: 44 Member
    Stop thinking about weight loss and focus on fitness and health instead.

As you lose weight, you will hopefully be replacing some of the fat with muscle. Just take it 10 lbs at a time and try to concentrate on good food choices (more veggies, less processed food, more healthy fats, etc) and a smidgen of exercise.
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    edited July 2015
    The weight you can lose the weight but your bones you are stuck with. If you were to start losing bone mass that would indicate osteoporosis and an increased risk of fractures.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Sure you can. I started at 207 and I'm at 135. Almost to my goal. To me, I'm thin but I know my definition is different than some peoples'.

I thought the same thing about my ribs/hip bones. For me, I thought I couldn't lose any more in those places, but I did and it looks fine :) it's just weird to see and feel bones all of a sudden. You get used to it.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    I wouldn't strive for a particular size in clothing. Every body is different and at 120 pounds, it's impossible to tell what your body proportions will be. Maybe you'll be all booty and those size 4's wouldn't fit, maybe they would, who knows?

I think everyone can become comfortably thin.

• kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    I think it might be a good idea to talk to your doctor about what could be a healthy weight range for you. A good general practitioner will take more into account than your height.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Your bones won't shift, but that doesn't mean that losing weight won't make you significantly smaller.