seizure?

Options
I had a seizure sunday morning?. So I went to the gym on saturday afternoon and did a hell lot of abs work , some legs and some cardio. Let the gym about 6 and since then I started to eat like crap (I know don't judgment need it). I work overnights on saturdays, so I go on to work a salesman mainly walking around. When I went to have my lunch break 7 in the morning sunday. I was extremely tired and I sat on a table on a cafe. I drank a bit of Arizona tea and as soon as the drink went down I felt this stomach pain (Like when you haven't eating for hours and suddenly drink something very fast). I embrace my belly and close my eyes. I woke up couple second later I had passed out and started to tremble. When I regained conscience I felt ok, but this scared the hell out me.

Have anyone have a similar experience? could it have been the abdominal work I did on the gym?

I haven't been declare with any type of sickness, and this is the second time this happen to me
(first time over 5 years ago.)

By the way I already have an appointment to meet with my physician. I just want to hear what you guys think?

Replies

• tenkides
    tenkides Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You had whats called mini seizer. You shouldn't workout period tell you know for sure what is happening. Drink more water or gaterade it will stop you from having multiple seizures. Tell your doctor every thing you have been doing. Hope you feel better soon.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    chism21 wrote: »
    I had a seizure sunday morning?. So I went to the gym on saturday afternoon and did a hell lot of abs work , some legs and some cardio. Let the gym about 6 and since then I started to eat like crap (I know don't judgment need it). I work overnights on saturdays, so I go on to work a salesman mainly walking around. When I went to have my lunch break 7 in the morning sunday. I was extremely tired and I sat on a table on a cafe. I drank a bit of Arizona tea and as soon as the drink went down I felt this stomach pain (Like when you haven't eating for hours and suddenly drink something very fast). I embrace my belly and close my eyes. I woke up couple second later I had passed out and started to tremble. When I regained conscience I felt ok, but this scared the hell out me.

Have anyone have a similar experience? could it have been the abdominal work I did on the gym?

I haven't been declare with any type of sickness, and this is the second time this happen to me

By the way I already have an appointment to meet with my physician. I just want to hear what you guys think?

Make sure you get to your doctor asap, please- not next week, or two weeks, or even Thursday. Call them tomorrow and tell them you want to be worked in. What you describe is alarming.

Did you go to the doctor the first time it happened?
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    chism21 wrote: »

Make sure you get to your doctor asap, please- not next week, or two weeks, or even Thursday. Call them tomorrow and tell them you want to be worked in. What you describe is alarming.

Did you go to the doctor the first time it happened?

yes, She said I might had low blood sugar + a rush of adrenaline (there were a series of circumstances that might had caused it.)
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey

I have seizures all the time and my advice is go see your doc and then go from there. May not be a seizure at all and you had a blackout. Don't fret it's not uncommon :)

If you want to chat inbox me - lifelong seizures from epilepsy & PNES.

FB x
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Not sure the doctor would have prescribed anything the first time this happened if you don't have a history of seizures. If you're going to GP they'll probably refer you to a neurologist who will have a full work up done if the GP can't come up with anything.

I haven't had the abdominal pain but I was recently diagnosed with epilepsy so the seizures aren't that new to me. But you shouldn't be driving, most states have laws saying when someone who's suffered from a seizure can get behind the wheel. You don't have to report it but if something were to happen while you were driving you would be liable.

They might also see if you're deficient in anything via blood test, that could possible cause a seizure. They would also check out the abdominal area and possible MRI to rule out tumors. Make sure you are completely honest about everything.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Yes, get checked out by a neurologist.

Doing ab work would not CAUSE a seizure, but you should be careful that you are eating enough, getting enough rest and not overdoing the exercise.

I had several small seizures (probably petit mal) in my teens and 20s. I went through all kinds of medical workup and they were declared idiopathic--no known cause or no cause that could be identified. Ten years later, I did have a brain aneurysm, but it didn't show up on MRIs at the time and nobody knows if there is a connection.

So yes, take it easy and get checked out...but don't be totally shocked if you don't get a clear answer. So much less is known about the brain than the rest of our bodies.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Please go to the doctor.

Ease up on working out for now until you have this situation resolved.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Seek medical help, ASAP!!!