Setting up your diary in the morning for the whole day

Options

Replies

• FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yep, I always do this the night before. If I forget I do it first thing in the morning, I find it strange if it's not done!
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I was about to post about this! I just started pre-logging (before, I just ate randomly and logged as I ate). I love logging my food the night before while I pack my lunch. I don't have to worry about not having service to log and not getting so hangry that I eat everything in sight too.

I will log my lunch as I put it in my lunchbox and log what I plan on making for breakfast. Then during the day, I will decide what I want for dinner.

This has saved me money too! I am not just grabbing stuff from the store everyday at lunch.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yep. this is 100% what I do. I make my lunch the night before and pack my breakfast and snacks during work with it. So, I log all of that. If I know what dinner is, I log that, too. Then I know exactly what I'm working with during the day if I just really want some chocolate, etc.

Today, I have 545 leftover calories. Not really sure what I'm going to do with them... Maybe a smoothie when I get home. =)
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I do this as well, except I do it the night before - everything is logged except for dinner which I decide once I get home from work.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    while I'm sitting and having my coffee in the AM, I decide on what I'm going to eat all day and log it in my diary.

This way if I'm getting too much of a certain macro I can go back and change what I have planned. This way there's no decision-making during my hectic day I have a plan I know what I'm doing and I found that this keeps me on track.

Looking for friends to share diaries feel free to add me. I'm looking to lose 30 pounds

That's the way we do it. Plan Plan Plan, but be a little flexible too. YOU got this!!! <3

• mrswattsfresh
    mrswattsfresh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yep, I prelog several days in a row! :):)
  • JudithNYC
    JudithNYC Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't do it often because basically I have been eating the same things every day: salad and lean protein (don't get me wrong, there is a lot of variety as to the vegetables used and the protein. I prelog when I want to have a more complicated meal which has more calories so I can budget my calories accordingly, i.e. fewer nuts, dry fruit, etc in the salads.

PS I am not starving myself, it's just that in the summer I am not that hungry and salads is mostly what I want. (And gallons of ice cream, but not doing that. LOL)
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Me too!
    I prelog in the morning when I get to work for the rest of my day. During the weekdays I stay on track but the weekends are crazy. Our family schedule is crazy on the weekends with kids practices, games, errands etc. I can plan my food for the day but not kids and husband. They all have different wants. Any suggestions?
    Do you also log for the weekends?
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I don't prelog, because I like the freedom of being able to choose what I want to eat when I get hungry. I know what foods will fit my calories for the day and I make good choices while able to change my mind about what to eat on the fly.
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I typically pre-log for 2 weeks at a time which helps not only with staying on track with macros and my dr prescribed sodium level, but it also helps my budget because I only buy what I need so no wasteful spending anymore. I am looking to lose about 15-25 more lbs. I have already lost 36 lbs from my original goal.

I also do this! Thought I was the only one....! Love being able to get home from work and know exactly what I'm having. I also find this a great way to save money and waste as if for eg salmon needs to be eaten within a week I will log it as a meal in the next week and not forget about it: I nearly always change my mind about what snacks I have on the day but my planned meals rarely change unless I end up going out to eat.
  • IsabelleK88
    IsabelleK88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Never thought about pre logging my food diary. Great idea!!!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I also pre-log my whole day. I like to get it all done at once and then not think about it.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this. I don't know if I will do it every day but I've found that I have a sense of ease and accomplishment when I know how my day is going to go from an eating perspective. Example is that I rarely eat out but I am going to a painting class with a friend tonight at a local restaurant. I have already checked out their menu, know what appetizer I am ordering and it is logged into my diary. All my decision-making is done! I love it!
  • pineapple_pizza
    pineapple_pizza Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've done this a few times and it's pretty helpful especially when trying to meet macros. It's nice not to have to think about what you want to eat too much sometimes.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    David_2015 wrote: »
    I typically pre-log for 2 weeks at a time which helps not only with staying on track with macros and my dr prescribed sodium level, but it also helps my budget because I only buy what I need so no wasteful spending anymore. I am looking to lose about 15-25 more lbs. I have already lost 36 lbs from my original goal.

I also do this! Thought I was the only one....! Love being able to get home from work and know exactly what I'm having. I also find this a great way to save money and waste as if for eg salmon needs to be eaten within a week I will log it as a meal in the next week and not forget about it: I nearly always change my mind about what snacks I have on the day but my planned meals rarely change unless I end up going out to eat.

Yeah it has helped us a lot no more throwing away vegetables we never got around to using. Just only buy what I can fit into my days. We always have ingredients for back up recipes just in case we decide we don't want us planned but, if something has to be eaten before it goes bad then that is what we do. I love being able to get 2 weeks worth of groceries so I only have to deal with the grocery store 2 times a month. Which also helps my sanity. So Bottomline pre-logging is good for me on pretty much every level.

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I log the next day every night after dinner. This pre-planning helps me staying on track. Saves me time ( the day itself i only have to tweak a bit)

And i find it relaxing to sit down after dinner with my cup of coffee and enjoying the plan for the next day :)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I pre-log all the time, it helps. Especially helpful tool when meal prepping; I log my plan for breakfast lunch and snacks and see where that puts me in calories and macros. It's a very useful tool.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I log what I know - like that I'm having salmon for dinner. Sides I typically pick at the last minute, but it helps to plan my snacks around my meals (plus with sides, I can decide to add some potatoes or rice if I have extra calories etc).
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I dont like to pre-log as i may end up eating other things. We just received an email from management that one of our venders is bringing in lunch for us today in about 15 minutes. Will probably eat that for lunch instead of my salad.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I pre-log a treat that I do not eat until just before bed. If I go over and don't have room, I know I need to add some walking or no treat.