Making a lifestyle change

Options
I apologize in advance for my ramblings.

I have come to realize that if I want to get healthy and lose this weight, it's not something I can do on a 1/2 *kitten* basis. I either commit to losing the weight and getting in shape (and change my lifestyle accordingly) or I muddle through it, exercise when I feel like it, and stay in this holding pattern.

It started to really hit home when I realized I sleep like crap, I have zero energy, seniors on the bike path are in better shape than me. It really sucks. Right now, being lazy doesn't even feel good.

Right now I think it's best to focus on doing what I love. That's inline skating and swimming. As far as the resistance training, I'll have to work that in as well. Maybe it's as easy as doing some push ups and squats in the park, maybe I can go to the gym before/after a skate. I'm still working on that.

Here's to a lifestyle change, for the better!

Replies

• grabowskic
    grabowskic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can understand the feeling. I am great at being lazy, I honestly could win an Olympic medal for being lazy and procrastinating. In the past, I had the view that I will start tomorrow. Well tomorrow never came. I had to work towards a view of "today I will start." I love the way I feel after a good hard workout but it is the getting their that is hard. I learned for me, changing things slowly helped fight off the "it can wait till tomorrow" .

Awesome to hear you are doing things that you love to do. Yes, you are right it is a lifestyle change. Doing things that you love to do will create a better success for you. When people don't do what the love they tend to quit it. I can't stand running on a treadmill for an hour but I found I love crossfit. I wake up every morning excited to workout. I realized that I am actually not lazy, I just needed to find something that I was excited about. The cookie cutter workouts do not work for me.

• chaines7169
    chaines7169 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My favorite things to do to move more, is kayaking (I live on a small lake) walking slow with my camera and taking pictures of things that peak my interest, bike riding, swimming and dancing. I am retired so time to work those activities in the day is not a problem. But my laptop is. I have to change my couch potato habits and put this laptop down. Today, I am kayaking, not later but now! Here's to a lifestyle change for the better.