New here, need friends and motivation please! :]

Names Maya. I'm 20 and really shouldnt be the weight I am but I'm working on it. I want other friends to encourage me on as I do the same for them. I did and stopped the ketogenic diet because I seriously can't stand bacon eggs or cheese anymore and as a woman it messes with your hormones hard core. But on the diet I did lose a good 20 lbs, from june 15th to july 18ish and that its self encouraged me to keep it up, but in a different way. Not sure who is in the morton grove, il area but there is going to be a 5k in sept the 20th I believe for an animal shelter called wright way resuce. I signed up to walk it with my pup but everyone is more than welcome to join! Anyways, just looking for people in similar situations and we can all help eachother reach our goals whether its 30 lbs or 100lbs!

Replies

• thefivemonthproject
    thefivemonthproject Posts: 9 Member
    Hey, I`m Katie! So happy for you and your weight loss. I hope you don't stop pursuing a healthier lifestyle <3
  • fernandaBush
    fernandaBush Posts: 18 Member
    The ketogenic diet doesn't mess up with your hormones. It actually helps balance them. Besides, you can eat a lot of different things, not only bacon and eggs. Let me know if you want more options. I know great sources for recipes.
    I live in Illinois too. PM me if you'd like.

Cheers!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 779 Member
    Hey maya! Feel free to add me ;)
  • TriforceDragonHeart
    TriforceDragonHeart Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, Im Rachael and new here. I started my new healthy eating and excersing plan 10 days ago and have lost 5lbs.im using Vivofit for motivation and its working,ive been walking 4-5 miles a day plus my normal light activity through work etc.Im starting to find that i cannot get my calorie intake up to what is reccommended as i feel eating in the evenings is what put weight on me in the first place! im trying to only eat healthy food items and drink plenty ,but im not hungry enough to eat more to get those calories in? im not sure where im going wrong? would be nice to make friends on here and seek help from those more experienced if possible. Thanks