Getting back into it

Options
33Chief
33Chief Posts: 106 Member
I lost 30 pounds in 4 months when I started MFP a few years ago. After injuring my foot running 20-25 miles a week I have gained and lost 10-15 pounds here and there until a few days ago when I decided to jump back on the MFP and start really getting back into food accountability. I did my first 4 mile run today (slow cause I am 5' 10" and 240ish) but I didn't stop. Time to keep this train rolling!

Replies

• utahchic89
    utahchic89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey! I had success with MFP years ago and then fell away from it. I am back on and ready to make some changes. My runs seem super slow, too, but we are lapping people that are just sitting on the couch!! Every little bit is better than nothing at all, and all we can do is keep trying, give it our all, and live life along the way.
  • Singlejc
    Singlejc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm in a similar situation. Total initial loss was 90ish pounds (200+ down to 120) but over the last 2 years have gained 15 pounds back. I encountered some health issues and quite frankly was just exhausted all the time. One thing that finally got me motivated again was my daughter. She's 9 and going to summer camp for the first time this summer, which means I am going as a volunteer with her. I was embarrassed when my summer clothes didn't fit and I couldn't keep up with my kids when we were playing soccer in the yard. How am I going to be a good camp counselor and how well am I representing my daughter? The second motivator was my birthday (today) and turning 37. I lost all of my weight by 30 and kept it off for 5 years knowing that my metabolism is going down and I'd better just keep at it. I knew better than to let myself get off track but here I am. I want to be a good example to my family by taking the best care of myself SO ...two weeks I have been tracking sporadically (due to spotty cell/internet while traveling) but this past week I have been sticking to the plan regardless.
    I walk regularly but last Thurs I decided I wanted to start running again - I give you a lot of credit for jumping in with a 4 mile run! I couldn't do more than a few minutes so I started off with some intervals and plan to increase over the next four weeks. Here's to us and Getting Back Into It!!
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Way to get back on track and not let complacency or excuses keep you chained down.

Slow and steady :smile:
  • utahchic89
    Options
    Love the optimism, guys!! Cheers to getting back into it!!
  • 33Chief
    Options
    Slow and steady is what today was. I used to run this 4 miles route in 35 minutes. Today was a lil over 40 min. If only Texas wasn't so hot lol
  • utahchic89
    Options
    @33Chief you'll get there. The heat is definitely going to take its toll now, too. Don't overdo it and make yourself sick or hurt in the process! I know that's easy to do when you want to improve, but you don't want to hinder yourself at the same time.
  • 33Chief
    Options
    This is very true. I will be slowly stepping up the pace and getting back into it.